Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expeirence Importing a gun from gunfire.pl / abroad.

• 13-08-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Just scoping through gunfire.pl, have seen a few bits id like along with a Aug a3, the problem with the aug is that it has a high FPS, its hopeless at that high FPS as i cant use it at any site and i dont want the gun to get seized so im getting it down graded before it comes into Ireland, iv asked gunfire.pl to do this and waiting a response.
    i realise there is a company selling the same gun at 300Fps in ireland but its more expensive and it dose not have a upgraded gearbox like this one has, so i feel a bit cheated out on price and quality, plus im buying a good lot of extras from them too so its a sweet deal all together with free shipping.

my question is have people ever had trouble bringing in Airsoft rifles from mainland EU, like have they gone to get tested and take weeks to come through? or got "lost" while getting tested?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭airsofter232

i have had a cyma ak imported from poland and had no problems. gun costs 270 here 150 over there. but i have heard of peoples guns being seized if over the limit. as long as you get it downgraded you should be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Has anyone else had a problem registering an account? Won't let me... Keeps saying I haven't filled in all the fields marked with asterisks. Reckon it's something to do with the postcode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

its the postcode box just use 00 or 0000 it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ali-d1936

yip i set up a account using 0000 as a postcode had no problems, i received the cm.041pdw i ordered off the site Friday they use GLS to post and i got email updates every where the package went, no problems with customs or that, ordered it monday got it friday, no hassle at all, i am now buying the Aug a3 off taiwangun.com as they had extras that i wanted in stock and gunfire.pl was out of stock so ordered them friday hoping for a similar result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭robust

A word of warning; I bought a pistol off them long while ago, it was broken out of the box. NO RETURN ( I did try but got nowhere) ,,,its still in the box somewhere. It was €120 so that's no saving.....(I'm bitter about it)
    You may pay more from am Irish retailer but factor in downgrading and a warranty and it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 Masss

i have had a cyma ak imported from poland and had no problems. gun costs 270 here 150 over there. but i have heard of peoples guns being seized if over the limit. as long as you get it downgraded you should be fine

And how is it with the FPS limits,is it only some law bull**** or would you not be allowed to take part in any games if your AEG was 420 FPS?

I am asking because I am thinking about getting into the hobby and I am also planning to do my shopping on gunfire.pl.
    All thou I might get it sent to address in Poland and then get a private courier company to deliver it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

The legal limit is 328fps. If your gun is over that you will not be allowed to use it on any site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Dogwatch wrote: »
    The legal limit is 328fps. If your gun is over that you will not be allowed to use it on any site.

Also, if Customs decide to stop your parcel, they may send the AEG to the Ballistics department in Garda HQ for testing. This will take several weeks, at least. If the gun chronos over 100 m/s it will be seized and destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Wolfruin

@Masss every site will crono your gun before hand if its to high it wont be allowed also if you use a hot gun you could really hurt someone since all our gear is good for 328 limit finally if you have a over powered gun you will get a fire arm charge

Advertisement