Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 release date rumoured as 21st October.

• 13-08-2013 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

A guy posted this on NeoGAF:
    Rumor: Our internal product release schedule from head office dropped yesterday and on Oct 21st an unnamed Sony console will be launched. Fyi all console revisions like the ps360 slims and Wii Mini were listed as ps360 & wii mini. Previously the wiiu, 3ds and vita were also only listed as Nintendo/Sony Console in the product name column.

I know it's an internet forum rumour, but the thing about NeoGAF is if you post false rumours you will get perma-banned in about 4 seconds flat. The mods have allowed the above which lends some reliability to it.

Anyway that is not too far away, just over two months.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Not quite right from what I understand, but closer to the mark than anything that's been made public before

*edit*

And by that I mean very close

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

COYVB wrote: »
    Not quite right from what I understand, but closer to the mark than anything that's been made public before

*edit*

And by that I mean very close

Tuesdays are usually release dates for US games - So I'll guess 22nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If that's true, then I need to get finger out and pay the last 50eu left on my ps4, then start paying off games.

In away late October kind of makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is there gonna be a staggered release or will we get it the same time as america? Presume Japan will get it first.

Has that been announced yet?

EGriff wrote: »
    Is there gonna be a staggered release or will we get it the same time as america? Presume Japan will get it first.

From what I heard Japan will be the last one to get. There is no competition in JAPAN, so Sony will tackle US and EU market first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hopefully the staggering is not too drawn out, but I would imagine they will have some sort of staggered release date - even just to ensure there are no supply issues and the likes.

Japan may not get it this year

Come to think of it, October would be perfect to launch ps4.

*It will make the launch smoother as all the fanboys and preorders will be sorted before Xmas shopping. So second wave will be for Xmas and all holiday shopping days. Less clash and cluster****.
    *Ahead of Xbox one and it might give enough time to send out second wave. Some people don't have patients and will grab the first one out, but in this situation it's irrelevant. There wount be spare non preordered consoles for some time.
    *release it before all major releases in November. This way people will buy new releases on ps4 and not on old gen. A nice software launch boost and will look good on a paper for Sony.

Come to think of it, October would be perfect to launch ps4.

*It will make the launch smoother as all the fanboys and preorders will be sorted before Xmas shopping. So second wave will be for Xmas and all holiday shopping days. Less clash and cluster****.
    *Ahead of Xbox one and it might give enough time to send out second wave. Some people don't have patients and will grab the first one out, but in this situation it's irrelevant. There wount be spare non preordered consoles for some time.
    *release it before all major releases in November. This way people will buy new releases on ps4 and not on old gen. A nice software launch boost and will look good on a paper for Sony.
    Great for people in north america anyway :p

Advertisement