Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Student Repeat Exams. Help! :(:(:(

Options
  • 13-08-2013 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I'm a first year arts student at Maynooth and unfortunately I failed one of my Economics exams and I don't think I'll pass the repeat. In this case, even though I plan to drop Economics next year, do I still have to pass the repeat in order to progress into second year or can I carry the exam over to next year and repeat at summer with my second year exams? If not is my only option to repeat the year?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Sadly, you will have to pass the exam (or pass by compensation) to be able to continue into second year, even if you won't be keeping on the subject. When is the exam? Would you be able to get a grind before it or anything? Good luck with it.

If the worst happens and you fail the module, there are a few different ways of repeating, but they all involve an extra year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wm93

Awh no :( Exam is tomorrow. I've been getting grinds so hopefully I'll be ok. Thanks :)

Advertisement