Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Phone Call?

Options
  • 13-08-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

The mother just got a call from 0469456020 asking about the heating of the house and saying that she is eligible for some scheme to cover the attic insulation.

I googled the number and got a place called complete sales in Trim, when I rang the number back I got a company called Complete Energy Ireland in Abbeyleix.

They are calling out tomorrow @ five, but want to stop the visit if its dodgy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Got a few calls from them in the past. They rang earlier today and my wife told them that she didn't pay the bills so they said they'd ring back. They duly did so about an hour ago but I told them I was busy. I've no idea if they're legit, but they do seem to be registered with the CRO and there are linkedin pages for some people there, so that would suggest they probably are. One thing they definitely are is persistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thanks for the information.

Just seems strange two totally different companies have the same number also the time they rang and the time of the appointment itself.

I rang the number back and selected both options and got the same voice mail response about the office being unmaned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I would have nothing to do with any company that cold calls like that. It's spam by telephone really.

rang the number back , they come out and tell you what work needs to be done and what grants you can get .

I asked was any free work carried out and she said no .

She didn't have a clue on any of our details or even the time of the appointment .

Cancelled the appointment and hopefully no one will be caught out .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Got a call Monday night. Told them I wasn't interested, hung up. End of.

• Advertisement

A fella rang again saying hell be out and ma had to try and fob him off , even said hed come out @ eight instead of five .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Gaspode wrote: »
    I would have nothing to do with any company that cold calls like that. It's spam by telephone really.

+1 if its a good deal, they won't need to hard sell it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Got another call from them this evening. I told them I wasn't interested and that they were to remove me from their call list. It'll be interesting to see if they actually do that.

Advertisement