Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cracking crime

• 13-08-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭

cracking crime cold cases... last episode starting in 15 minutes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Watched this tonight about Patricia Doherty who disappeared in 1991.For anyone who watched it,did anyone else think theres more to that case that they let on?I mean in terms of who her killer might be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

darkdubh wrote: »
    Watched this tonight about Patricia Doherty who disappeared in 1991.For anyone who watched it,did anyone else think theres more to that case that they let on?I mean in terms of who her killer might be?

Haven't seen the episode yet so apologies if I'm repeating info in it but there are some who believe she might have been a victim of John Crerar who was jailed for the murder of Phylis Murphy back in the 90's

There is an excellent book about cold cases and possible links to serial killers called Frozen Blood by Michael Sheridan which I got in my local library. In it there are links between Crerar and none other than Larry Murphy and one chilling account of an incident prior to both their crimes coming to Gardai attention which is described in this article

http://www.irishexaminerusa.com/mt/2010/05/25/irelands_missing_a_worrying_ep.html

Obviously it could all be nothing but personally I don't think someone like Murphy or Crerar just happened to commit the only crime they were charged over. They were both caught out by bad luck on their part, both seemed to have honed their crimes - hard to believe they were on their first attack.

Its interesting all the same and worth a read

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

darkdubh wrote: »

Yeah it was weird that she came home, left again within seconds and her husband of 10 years just presumed she went to work.

Yeah it was weird that she came home, left again within seconds and her husband of 10 years just presumed she went to work.
    Yeah,very fishy.And where was she going to and why were there no more sightings of her after she supposedly left?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 roisin007

If the husband has been investigated and ruled out as a suspect then that should have been made clear to viewers. Even though it was before the era when mobile phones were widely used, you would expect that a spouse would be concerned long before 36 hours had elapsed. I thought that the excuse that she worked varying shifts in her job didn't sound plausible at all - they had young children and presuming he worked shifts as well they would have had to know what shift the other was working to arrange childcare etc... The fact that she left the house on the night of the 23rd and he didn't think it strange not to see her on xmas eve when they should have been organising santa for the next morn?? This is why I think it should have been made clear rather than leaving all of the viewers with such doubts in our minds - not fair if he is an innocent man :(

• Advertisement

I thought it was a bit odd as well that he wasn't interviewed for the programme when their next door neighbour was.Before this programme I thought this case had Larry Murphy or John Crearer written all over it but now i'm not so sure.

The current case of that lady missing in Youghal reminded me of this again. Long delay in reporting the disappearance to the Gardai in both instances. In the case of Patricia Doherty husband said he last saw her on the 23'd of December and didn't report her missing till Christmas Day two days later.Strange under normal circumstances but even more so given the time of year.

Advertisement