Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Season Expectations/Predictions/etc.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

theres no doubt that this season for spurs is full of possibilities and potential successes. much of the focus has surrounded bales future at the club. imo, wether he stays or not (providing we get the suitable replacements eg. lamela/willian), our squad is stronger in quality and depth than last season. much to our surprise, levy and lewis are fully backing avb and baldini, who have played a blinder in this transfer window with shifting deadweight and ambitious signings and were not finished yet.

if bale goes and we sign the players being touted, i reckon the squad will be stronger as a whole and we will be less reliant on one player. should this happen i would maintain the stance that anything less than 4th in the league would be a failure. if he stays, it goes without saying what the target is.

of course much will depend on how avb plans on approaching the other competitions we are competing in. as we all saw last year the team suffered because of playing the 1st team in the EL and it reflected in the latter half of the season. i really hope avb prioritises the league this year and rotates his squad for the other competitions. that being said should we progress to the quater/semi finals in any competition, i wouldnt have a problem with us having a go at some silverware. but imo id rather get 4th than win something like the fa cup.

with three of last years top 4 after taking on new managers and the gooners not having had a busy window which sees there squads fairly thin, the opportunities are there.

i think our season could be defined by how well the incoming players gel with the team and avbs style of play. a lack of coherence early on could see us drop points. but if we hit the ground running it will be a very exciting season at the lane. should our key players stay injury free, i realistically think we can compete for 3rd.

its alot of ifs and buts and i suppose we'll just have to wait and see. either way i cant wait for this season to kick off!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i can see him giving the Europa league a good go this year due to the winners getting a champions league spot

I didn't know that was coming it. It's only fair really. Hard to see second place Scottish team more deserving of a crack at the CL then the EL champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I propose we wipe this thread clean of all previous comments and re-open it on Sept 2nd when we have finished signing everyone!

2205097.jpg

Advertisement