Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferry to Isle of Man

Options
  • 13-08-2013 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi all ,
    Im just wondering if any of ye have taken the ferry to the Isle of Man for the TT Races in June in the past.
    The reason I ask is because potential customers for June 2014 have been quoted over € 600 from The Steam Packet Company .
    This seems horribly expensive. Is this the only company providing ferries to The Isle of Man ?
    Should I advise my potential customers to wait until closer to the date before booking the ferry or what is the general opinion.
    Thanks for any advice given.
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

TT is peak time so it wont get any cheaper.
    There is no other ferry service serving IOM.
    Did you check traveling from Belfast? Same company but....never know as its in GBP not Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

might be worth having a look at prices the week before and after the TT to get a feel for prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I went to the TT back in 2007 and the ferry was over £500, that was for a car with 3 people, I would think €600 sounds is the cheapest it will be, it's insane how busy it is over there,
    I was only there once but my dad and brother flew over and rented a car a few times because it cheaper than the ferry!

Advertisement