Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Modem EPC 2425 Conflict with Cisco Router

• 13-08-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a Cisco e3200 router flashed with dd-wrt to better manage my network and wireless range. It has worked fine with my old Imagine Wimax modem just plug and play simples. after getting the UPC in other day it doesn't seem to want to work with their modem for some strange reason I cannot understand, I have tried changing the default gateway on the Cisco router as both were identical thinking there was a conflict but no joy only way I can get it to work is to plug it into one of the four Ethernet jack displaying it as a node on the network. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Good news got it working! :D, stupid me not thinking of changing the router to a different subnet. No messing around with bridging or dmz just disabled the wireless on the UPC modem.

Another quick question am I correct I saying a wireless g dongle @ 54mbps should be delivering up to around 54,000kbps say for instance my wan speed is 30mb or so I should be receiving 3.0mbps which I am currently only getting around 500kbps, were as the laptop is receiving the full whack @ 3.0mbps or so as its wireless radio can handle up to 300mpbs, would it be worth my while upgrading the dongle maybe to a pci card if anyone can recommend one am setting up file sharing so 300mbps with a good range is a must.

Advertisement