Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18th birthday present

Options
  • 14-08-2013 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'm not quite sure what to get my son for his 18th birthday, he's interested in football, gym, and computer stuff. I know that's not much info but can anyone suggest any ideas at all? It dosint matter what budget because I just need ideas at the moment, thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Something he will have all his life? His current interests are his current interests.

Anything computer related will be out of date in a fortnight, and sports things are time limited (gym memberships etc) or will wear out (gear).

Maybe something like a watch, that he'll have for years? He might not fully appreciate it now, but he will on the 18th anniversary of his 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You could go with a watch that he'll have for years. Most people I know got money/phones for their 18th tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

I always preferred my mother asking me instead of buying something expensive that I would have no real use for. I agree with the watch idea but I wouldn't go overboard and buy just a really expensive watch. Get him a watch or something like a watch to signify his 18th but young people like money and clothes. Maybe you could suggest for him to come shopping with you and let him pick clothes for example. Then surprise him with the watch etc later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Holiday. Send him off with his mates for a week. Ah, to be young again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved from Parenting

• Advertisement
Advertisement