Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treatment of Ken Ring in the Weather forum.

Options
  • 14-08-2013 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

has Ken reported any of these posts or actions? has he contacted a Cmod? have you?

If you feel a user is being bullied, please PM a CMOD with links to illustrate your opinion. if the Cmod feels there is basis for a complaint, it will be passed to the admins to deal with the users or mods in question.

I don't mean to come across as dismissive but bullying is a very serious accusation and not something I think should be dealt with in feedback as a form of court of popular opinion. Its unfair to both the accused and the victim. Report it / PM it and it will be looked into. If there are grounds to support it, we'll have a chat with those responsible and if necessary action will be taken.

We try to make it clear to all users that they need to contact a cmod / co-mod / admin if they feel they are being bullied. I haven't heard anything from Ken Ring but I'll check with the other admins just in case.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

thread title edited to "treatment". Hope thats suitable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It seems four users have been given bans today for the type of actions you claim are going on.

Kenring is not innocent in this, with the pimping of his personal commercial site being foremost on the list of recent transgressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

To me it looks like a user tried to use the forum to pimp their own commercial venture, a thread for users to critique and comment on this commercial venture was set up, the majority opinion was to generally defecate on said commercial venture and ultimately the thread was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

P_1 wrote: »
    To me it looks like a user tried to use the forum to pimp their own commercial venture, a thread for users to critique and comment on this commercial venture was set up, the majority opinion was to generally defecate on said commercial venture and ultimately the thread was closed.
    He's not long back from a ban, and under a strong mod warning not to promote a commercial site. I'd hazard a guess that if he was pimping his own commercial venture, he'd be banned by now.

It's also quite inaccurate to say that a thread was set up to critique and comment on his commercial venture. The thread was set up by a mod with the opening line: "I am going to set up this thread dedicated to Ken's weather predictions and discussing his methods..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

I have to agree with darced on this one. Recently started reading these threads and had to join to voice opinion here, as I can see that these threads are not for advertising purposes, but make your point and move on. Its actually like a play ground here at times. I'm not a fan of his methods myself but don't feel the need to burn him at the stake either.
    It is definitely embarrassing to read some of those comments. Build a bridge folks and if you don't like what he's doing don't watch! Simples!
    Totally agree with not letting people advertise here but I think lesson learned perhaps.
    Moving swiftly along... Please!

Advertisement