Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Inchicore what to Avoid?

Options
  • 14-08-2013 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I am looking to buy a house in Inchicore, I love the style of the cottages there. Where is "the Ranch end?" it was noted in another post as a place to avoid.

Some areas I am looking at are New Road, Nash Road, and the Tyrconnell Road just across the road from the school near the church, just up from the Black Lion pub. Does anyone have any suggestions about these areas good or bad?

Thanks so much for reading, any advice is appreciated. The last thing I want is for my house to be broken into and/or my car windows smashed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

druidstone wrote: »
    I am looking to buy a house in Inchicore, I love the style of the cottages there. Where is "the Ranch end?" it was noted in another post as a place to avoid.

The Ranch is a small enclave on the way to Ballyfermot. It's strange in that it appears to be more Ballyfermot than Inchicore, but is referred to as being in Inchicore so who am I to argue.
    Some areas I am looking at are New Road, Nash Road, and the Tyrconnell Road just across the road from the school near the church, just up from the Black Lion pub. Does anyone have any suggestions about these areas good or bad?

I presume you mean Nash Street. I have posted on this a number of times, and what had generally started off as a couple of minor/random incidents , then became more serious and most recently has escalated to throwing bottles through front house windows at 2am. AVOID.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

'The Ranch' is not Inchicore it's Ballyfermot! The postal code is Dublin 10. Always makes me laugh how estate agents always market it as Inchicore.

The nicest part of Inchicore is the CIE Works Estate. Old world style workers houses. Unfortunately there are only two houses for sale there at the moment, one needing a lot of renovation. They also tend to be a bit pricier than others in the area but worth it. It's a lovely little estate, tucked away from the main village. Personally, I would steer clear of the areas you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tyrconnell Rd is grand from my experience, although if you drive you'll find it a pain during rush hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭druidstone

thanks so much for the advice, excellent thanks everyone:)

Advertisement