Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't remember book name - Help!

Options
  • 14-08-2013 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭

Hey all, wondering if anybody can help me before I lose my mind..

I thinking of a book I read probably about 10 years ago, but can't remember the title, or to be honest much useful information about it, what I know is...

-It was a mystery novel, set in Harvard ( almost certainly , but could be Yale :( )

-The main plot revolved around a student who was completing his thesis however he had been presented with a mysterious old, huge book that apparently contained many incredible secrets yet no-one had managed to figure out how to tease the mysteries from the text.

-Whenever I think of the name of the book ( in the novel) I can only think of the word "cornucopia", its probably not it, but its close. Think it also may be in the name of the Novel.

Any help would be great, its doing my head in!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Quatermain

Not sure how close it is to what you describe, but I seem to recall "The Rule of Four", by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason, had a similar plot. Could that be your target?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Quatermain wrote: »
    Not sure how close it is to what you describe, but I seem to recall "The Rule of Four", by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason, had a similar plot. Could that be your target?

Thats it man!

It was set in Princeton not Harvard, I think that was the detail that made me my search futile!

Also the book name was well off ha! Anyway thanks for the help...it was a very decent book btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Thats it man!

It was set in Princeton not Harvard, I think that was the detail that made me my search futile!

Also the book name was well off ha! Anyway thanks for the help...it was a very decent book btw!
    Well you got me interested so I looked it up on Amazon. It's compared to The Da Vinci code and the reviews are overwhelmingly negative:
    Rule of tedium
    The waste bin liked it
    Oh my...no...please....just let it end!

lol, think I'll give it a miss! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Ice Storm wrote: »
    Well you got me interested so I looked it up on Amazon. It's compared to The Da Vinci code and the reviews are overwhelmingly negative:

lol, think I'll give it a miss! :pac:

Ha a bit harsh, although I was in my early teens when I read it so not sure how I would find it now! General online census seems to be a solid 6.5/10 though, a plane or holiday book!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Ha a bit harsh, although I was in my early teens when I read it so not sure how I would find it now! General online census seems to be a solid 6.5/10 though, a plane or holiday book!
    Ah, we all need one of those from time to time. :)

• Advertisement

Ice Storm wrote: »

Yes, it sounds like something I'd enjoy but the 2 out of 5 stars on Amazon has put me off.

If it ever shows up on Deal of The Day I'll risk it :)

Advertisement