Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes of Cosplay on Syfy

Options
  • 14-08-2013 5:05am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watch it/download it? TV Reality show that aired a few hours ago on Syfy. Apparently it's already renewed for Season 2. Yaya Han was the 'celeb' on the show this evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Yaya Han was the 'celeb' on the show this evening.

Not enough air quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

You can watch the full episode here :)

To be very honest, I really enjoyed it and I really look forward to the next episode! I like the way they portrayed cosplay as really professional and as a proper art where people dedicate alot of their time and money into it. The cosplayers who were competing in the show were very entertaining and their passion for cosplay was well expressed. It really showed these people are hard working and want to get careers out of cosplay and dedicate their lives to it. To these people cosplay is a fulltime job. There was also some touching stories and memories especially regarding the Meridah cosplayer from Brave.

I found Yaya Han who was one of the judges of the contest was quite professional. She really came across as a businesswoman and mentioned the pressures she faces being a cosplayer in the public eye. I liked it when Yaya commented on one of the contestants' costumes saying it was good and innovative thinking out of the box.

The show is very realistic not just focusing on the glamorous, fun aspect yet also focusing on the hardships and pressures if you plan on going down the job route. Not just that cosplay as a hobby can be very hard work, tiresome and expensive which I found the show portrayed well. I do think it is pretty cool to have a reality show similar to Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model or X-Factor but with Cosplayers.

On the other hand I can see alot of people being unsatisfied with this series as they see cosplay being portrayed as competitive, not for fun and not very inviting to newcomers. However I believe the first episode so far revealed cosplay as hard working, tiresome yet very rewarding well. I am looking forward to seeing the new episode with Jessica Nigiri.:D

Advertisement