Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heading to oz in January?

Options
  • 14-08-2013 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys !
    Just wondering if anyone is heading to oz on their own around January 2014 time? I'm thinking of biting the bullet and goin alone but wud rather some company ! Thinking of doing the gold coast first gona get the year visa but don't k now how long I will actually stay xx

Hope to hear back from some people haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Hi Teacher,

Best of luck with the move! If you are coming over, I would definately recommend doing a tour first. I did it with Topdeck:

https://www.topdeck.travel/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Teacher88 wrote: »
    Thinking of doing the gold coast first

Sorry I know this is pedantic but its the EAST COAST. The Gold Coast is a small city where bogans and schoolies go on holidays.

"Doing it" would take 2-3 days at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Batgurl wrote: »
    The Gold Coast is a small city where bogans and schoolies go on holidays.

"Doing it" would take 2-3 days at most.

I hate to be pedantic but.....

You don't Do the Gold Coast, the Gold Coast does you. :pac:

God I hate that place, Queensland should give it to NSW as a peace offering for almost a decade of State of Origin humiliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hey guys !
    Just wondering if anyone is heading to oz on their own around January 2014 time? I'm thinking of biting the bullet and goin alone but wud rather some company ! Thinking of doing the gold coast first gona get the year visa but don't k now how long I will actually stay xx

Go for it on your own I did it 8 or 9 years ago on my own travelling for 6 months but I was never alone you meet people everywhere and usually its people travelling in 2s who are looking for company that they are not sick of. You would be surprised how easy it is to make friends everyone has so much in common, I ended up going back to Oz for the year visa on my own a year later and same thing picked up friends and roommates out of thin air. Between my 2 trips I have done east and west coast the red centre tasmania and all the states/territories on my own. Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Hey guys !

Do it alone!! I have and havent once regretted it. you dont need anyone to hold your hand. meeting new people is the whole point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Pisces83

Hey Teacher88,

I'm also thinking of heading to Oz in January.. It's kind of last chance saloon for me with the whv. I was thinking of heading to Perth as I know a girl I worked with is there.. But she is there a few years at this stage. I would have to work first cos can't afford to travel first.. My friend has told me It would be easy to get a job in the place she works.. Some sort of refuge/residential care.. Nervous as hell have never been away from home:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

Pisces83 wrote: »
    Hey Teacher88,

I'm also thinking of heading to Oz in January.. It's kind of last chance saloon for me with the whv. I was thinking of heading to Perth as I know a girl I worked with is there.. But she is there a few years at this stage. I would have to work first cos can't afford to travel first.. My friend has told me It would be easy to get a job in the place she works.. Some sort of refuge/residential care.. Nervous as hell have never been away from home:)
    I'm also thinking of heading over on my own. And likewise I will have to get work pretty quick as funds will be limited. As for going it alone, I am not worried. I moved to Canada 3 years ago, went over on my own and made the best of friends. The Irish are so good to each other when you are away from home. Every time I went into an Irish bar in Toronto, I ended up getting/giving my number to loads of people and they all helped each other with work, accomadation etc. Will be going over to the middle of summer though in January, better bring the factor 50 :)

Advertisement