Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stove fitters kildare

Options
  • 14-08-2013 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

Can anyone recommend a good stove fiitter at a reasonable price. I am looking to get a stove with a back boiler fitted and i am getting some seriously high quotes in

cheers paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

We used Eamon Stack - very straightforward and did a great job:

http://www.build.ie/company_479104.htm

We didn't have a back boiler though so that may complicate things for you, especially of you're connecting to an existing central heating system

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Pm me your mobile number and will text you details who we used two months ago. I did a good bit of history checks before I went with this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Porto Banus

Can anyone send me on good Stove Fittter/Installer please. I'm in the North Kildare area... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Maynooth fireplaces provide that service

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Maynooth fireplaces in Celbridge behind Base are brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

SQ2 wrote: »
    Maynooth fireplaces provide that service
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    Maynooth fireplaces in Celbridge behind Base are brilliant.

We used them last year and where happy with the work they have done (replacing a gas insert with a wood burning one).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

C and R fireplaces did our work. Highly recommended and very experienced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Can anyone recommend a stove fitter in the Newbridge area ?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

muletide wrote: »

Pm your number to me and ill text you someone

• Registered Users Posts: 1 natashae123

muletide wrote: »

Hi - did you get your stove fitted? Can I ask who you got to fit and if you would recommend anyone?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi - did you get your stove fitted? Can I ask who you got to fit and if you would recommend anyone?
    Thanks

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Any idea roughly how much this cost? Also in north Kildare. Not looking for a back boiler, just a stove fitted into fireplace. Thanks

300 euro for all labour. You may be able to do a bit of prep work yourself - knocking out the old fire backing and save a few Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Also bear in mind that if your chimney's been disused, you really want to get it checked to see if it's still fine and no pots cracked. No point in your nice new stove burning your house down. You'll know a good fitter if they want to check this before offering to do work.

I got a local place in Prosperous to do mine, was something like 400+the stove cost, plus about a grand to fit a full steel flue insert and test and certify.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Also bear in mind that if your chimney's been disused, you really want to get it checked to see if it's still fine and no pots cracked. No point in your nice new stove burning your house down. You'll know a good fitter if they want to check this before offering to do work.

I got a local place in Prosperous to do mine, was something like 400+the stove cost, plus about a grand to fit a full steel flue insert and test and certify.

Hey. Could you pm me the number of the guy you got to fit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

beertons wrote: »
    Hey. Could you pm me the number of the guy you got to fit it.

Clane building services - www.kinggroup.ie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Tell me this now. I bought an insert in Prosperous a few years ago. Fitted it myself. Now a cousin of mine got one fitted for him, and he got a pipe/flu that went from the top of the insert to the chimney top. Should I have gotten one of these? It was never mentioned when I bought it.

Advertisement