Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air to Water on the coast

• 14-08-2013 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any experiences of an Air to Water Heat Exchanger living on the coast? Planning for new build which is approx 100m from the salty sea. I obtained quotes for both Geothermal and Air to Water, and on speaking with them on which recommendation, they couldnt answer me conclusively. He said that while the ATW are officially rated for the corrosive salt air, he just felt he wouldnt trust it himself (I see satellite dishes completely rusted on houses further inland) - but he said it was up to me. There is a €1.5k difference between Geo and ATW quote (excluding digging), which doesnt bother me, i.e. I would go with Geo no problem, only he also said I am on the verge of being too sandy/dry for horizontal (based on percolation results). Which then could mean that vertical borehole is alternative option - but this drives up the cost significatly digging for this.
    Thus none of the 3 options above are ruled out, but none are ideal. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭JD6910

insulate the hell out of the house. do full airtightness in the house and reduce your heat demand to the minimum. then pop in a boiler with solar. put the money into the structure not the fancy heating system!!!

Advertisement