Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NY Flight Question New Years

Options
  • 14-08-2013 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Hi All. hoping someone can help me. Me and OH are headfing for New York for New Years for 8 nights (cant wait!). Its abig holiday for us so Im also planning on shopping till I drop. We are planning on getting economy over with Aer Lingus and business class back. I see with their business class you can bring up to 69kg back with you so this is part oif the reason for doing it. Do you think there would be any issues that we arrived with just 23kg and are bringing back 69?! or would they question it at all?
    Also if anyone has any romantic ideas for our anniversry night I would be grateful, restaurants, shows anything....
    and finally New Years eve, if anyone has been in New York at that time any info would be appreciated! thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Customs tend to be very vigilant in December/January so you could be stopped. The limit per person is now €430 per person for "other goods eg gifts, souvenirs, perfume, clothing etc". Keep this in mind. Some people advise removing tags but if I'm outlet/sale shopping I always keep the tags on to prove how little I paid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Bring old bags with you so that you don't arrive back with a mix of new and old bags which would be a big giveaway but the customs people know that most women go mad shopping in NYC so you certainly won't 'stand out' in any way coming back with more swag than you had leaving.

Advertisement