Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to sell secondhand CD's?

• 14-08-2013 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Hi there - Anyone know the best place to sell CD's in the city?
    They're OK CD's in good nick - mostly indie stuff from the 90's and 00's - but I use Deezer so don't need 'em.
    I haven't bought or sold a secondhand CD in donkey's so I could use advice. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Do you know the Co Op Market on Newmarket Square, Dublin 8? They do markets every Sunday, the flea market on the last Sunday of the month should be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Thanks Lars1916 - do you mean sell them to a stall there or get a stall there and sell them myself?
    Just to clarify - I'm really just looking to take them into a shop and flog them, but I don't know if shops even take CD's anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

quaalude wrote: »
    Thanks Lars1916 - do you mean sell them to a stall there or get a stall there and sell them myself?

I think, it's 35 quid for a stall (11am-5pm), if you want to sell yourself. But there is at least two guys, who sell there every time. One on the outside (far end, when you come in) and one on the inside (right hand side in the main hall). Not sure if they give you more than a Euro per CD...so maybe having your own stall would be the better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Did a stall in there ourselves.

Made a few more quid than I would have selling them to a shop.

Sold last 2 boxes of cds left, in bulk on Adverts.

Just in case anyone is still interested - I wasn't able to offload my CD's onto anyone in Dublin city centre yesterday, so I just dropped them in to a charity shop.
    (The chap in Freebird in the Secret Book and Record store took about 7 of them, but he said he's got loads of secondhand CD's so he isn't really buying).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 triplejointed

Which charity shop are selling your CDs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Stick em on adverts.ie....be prepared to have people waste your time though and you'll prolly only get a euro or two each.

Which charity shop are selling your CDs?
    I didn't sell them to a charity shop, I donated them.

chopper6 wrote: »
    Stick em on adverts.ie....be prepared to have people waste your time though and you'll prolly only get a euro or two each.
    Ugh, life's too short for selling CD's one at a time on adverts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 triplejointed

quaalude wrote: »
    I didn't sell them to a charity shop, I donated them.
    I know but they're selling these now.

• Advertisement

I know but they're selling these now.

Oh sorry, of course! This is the one: https://debraireland.org/fundraising/charity-shop/

Advertisement