Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GHD or BaByliss Rotating Brush ????

• 14-08-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Boardies, Please help ....
    My GHD has just about given up the ghost and I’m devastated. My hair isn’t super curly – More Fluffy – so the GHD gives a nice shine and a bit of shape to it. So now that it’s time to move on I’m wondering should I get another GHD or should I get the BaByliss Rotating Brushes ??
    My hair is just past mu shoulder and I like smooth hair with a bit of volume.
    Any Recommendations ??
    Thanks A Mill ....
    A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The Babyliss rotating brush is amazing, but I don't use mine every day while I do use my GHD. Maybe buy a GHD and buy the rotating brush as a treat another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

I'd actually say the opposite, especially if you want volume. My hair kinks slightly and since getting the rotating brush 2 years ago, I've hardly used my GHD. I love it, gives me a salon-style finish and looks less harshly poker-straight than the GHD. You use brush while hair is still slightly damp so reduces blowdry time, and the heat damage is much less than with GHD.

I think cheaper straighteners have improved a lot recently so perhaps you could afford both if you move away from the GHD brand name. Babyliss brush is only about e50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I'd personally vote for the GHD. You can use it for straightening or creating curls/waves. I couldn't live without mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

I have chin length straight hair with a kink in it. I like was going to buy a rotating brush but in the end bought a John Frieda electric brush. Doesn't rotate but I find it really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I would go for the GHD. I have the rotating brush and I don't use it half as much as I use the hair straighteners. It's way more work to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

The babyliss brush is fab, I rarely use my GHD, the babyliss one gives you a salon blowdry look. I can make my hair straight or wavy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sorry to hijack the thread for a minute, but I'm thinking of getting the Babyliss rotating styler too and was wondering, those of you who have used it, did ye find it damaged the hair? My hair is quite dry and can look a bit dull as I'm useless at blow-drying it, but I don't want to use anything that might encourage split ends, broken hairs etc! Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

dee_mc wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread for a minute, but I'm thinking of getting the Babyliss rotating styler too and was wondering, those of you who have used it, did ye find it damaged the hair? My hair is quite dry and can look a bit dull as I'm useless at blow-drying it, but I don't want to use anything that might encourage split ends, broken hairs etc! Any thoughts?

I suppose it depends on how often you use it, I only use it once a week or so as I let my hair dry naturally the rest of the time and I haven't found that it damages my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

dee_mc wrote: »

It's much less damage than straightner but if you are only blowdrying, then it probably would be slightly more damaging as the heat is slightly more direct than DIY blowdrying. I'd say an equal amount of damage to a salon blowdry.

Having said that, you don't use your dryer for as long, just til 80% dry then the Babyliss. If, like me, you are useless at blowdrying, then the small additional damage is well worth it for a much better result. You could try using a heat protector spray if really worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

Thanks Girls for the replies ...

I actually went and got the Rotating Brush and so far I'm finding it good - It gives a more "textured" look than the GHD. I think there's a bit of a knack which i haven't quite got yet but I'm working on. For some reason, my hair always curls out and not under like i want it to - but it was the same with the GHD so maybe it's just my hair !!

That said, I will get another GHD eventually though .... I used it EVERY day and I had it for over 5 years so it's not bad going. I think Peter Mark are doing the trade in thing so maybe when I get paid .... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

flipsat wrote: »
    I have chin length straight hair with a kink in it. I like was going to buy a rotating brush but in the end bought a John Frieda electric brush. Doesn't rotate but I find it really good.
    I found the John Frieda one reduced from 60-odd to 21 euro in Boots Galway the other day, meant to post back in case anyone else is interested, it was the Galway city store (they possibly still have 1 or 2 left).
    I figured it was worth a gamble at such a low price and I love it, just used it on my own long, thick (and usually flat yet frizzy!) hair and the amount of volume, shine and natural looking wave it gives without any fuss or fancy blow-drying technique is phenomenal!
    I've also used it on my Mum's very fine, flat bob and it looked better than a salon blow-dry (her words!) and on my friends exceptionally thick, short hair with great results too.
    I had planned to buy the rotating brush but this model seems pretty great to me, with probably less risk of getting tangled up?
    My GHD is going to be gathering dust I suspect!

Advertisement