Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Violent public incident, Ennis, 13.08.13

• 14-08-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭

We cannot, of course, discuss details of a matter which is now before the courts, but, it is surely important to at least put on record on this forum another fracas, once again involving members of the travelling community, which took place in Ennis town early yesterday afternoon.
    http://www.clareherald.com/2013/08/ennis-town-centre-altercation-leads-to.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

Balagan wrote: »
    We cannot, of course, discuss details of a matter which is now before the courts, but, it is surely important to at least put on record on this forum another fracas, once again involving members of the travelling community, which took place in Ennis town early yesterday afternoon.
    http://www.clareherald.com/2013/08/ennis-town-centre-altercation-leads-to.html

It's their culture boss. Interestingly according to the link the arrested may have been involved in an earlier incident so there wasn't just one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I edited the subject to reflect that the incident happened in 2013 not 2012

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm struggling to see where there is any violence reported, reading the article there was a stand-off, some dangerous driving and someone reporting to the hospital with injuries, there's no mention of violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm struggling to see where there is any violence reported, reading the article there was a stand-off, some dangerous driving and someone reporting to the hospital with injuries, there's no mention of violence.

You are quite right - the word 'violent' was not contained in the link from The Clare Herald. It is contained in this one from Clare FM http://clare.fm/news/man-charged-after-garda-chase-ennis which describes the incident as 'a violent row' during which weapons 'including a knife were brandished' and that the man who presented himself at the hospital had been 'injured in the row on Bank Place'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

You have to be taking the pi$$.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

The seized an axe as well not exactly a peaceful meeting between cousins :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

How unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Personally a little tired of this crap. Time to use force with force.

Carazy wrote: »
    You have to be taking the pi$$.

I wasn't actually, I had pictured in my head a load of people standing across from each other (bit like a teenage disco) rather than a fight or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

I wasn't actually, I had pictured in my head a load of people standing across from each other (bit like a teenage disco) rather than a fight or something like that.

Maybe they were collecting their dole money and and arranging to go for a cappuccino in Costa. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,470 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I think that's the film Greece you were thinking about.

Akrasia wrote: »
    I think that's the film Greece you were thinking about.

I've never seen that movie
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3025936/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

blowin3 wrote: »
    Maybe they were collecting their dole money and and arranging to go for a cappuccino in Costa. :mad:

I'm working and I can't afford a cappucino there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beamer06

Hi All I want to place an Ad in a Clare paper, which is the most popular paper in Clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,470 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Damnit, i was posting way too early in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Beamer06 wrote: »
    Hi All I want to place an Ad in a Clare paper, which is the most popular paper in Clare.

Definetly this one

http://www.iol.co.za/capetimes

Auldloon wrote: »

Good one that made me laugh.

I suppose you could try www. paveepoint.ie popular around
    these parts. I will probably get a holiday for that:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

The champion is the best, then the clare people although some will disagree with me there :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

(To answer your question, the Clare Champion is definately the most popular. The Clare People is slightly newer.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

When did the Clare Herald start? Is it just online?

Advertisement