Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Branches are Closing?

Options
  • 14-08-2013 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

What branches are Closing? I seen no announcement on your Website about which local branches are Closing, neither do I see any announcements on twitter?
    Surely the website, and other channels of communication the bank uses is a service to its customers with good and bad news and not a Marketing tool!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi petronius,

Thanks for posting.

We are merging three branches in the Dublin region. The branches are not moving until October and customers of these branches were written to individually, last Friday.

The branches in question are:

Whitehall - which is moving to Collinstown Cross
    Westland Row - which is moving to College Green
    Inchicore - which is moving to Walkinstown

We plan to make this announcement here, closer to the time. Our group website will be updated accordingly. Our other social media channels would generally be used for announcements that affect the majority of customers.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I think it is wrong to have information about removing a service to your customers and NOT posting it on your website! I also think it is valuable for customers who use the bank to know they are closing branches since it may portent to further reduction in services from the bank

I also have an issue with using the word "Relocating" - it is disingenuous to use it, since the correct word should be CLOSING, should it not?

The bank should be honest with its customers and not use such obfuscation to disguise bad news, and should actually apologise for removing a facility for its customers. 

Still Nothing on the Bank of Ireland website about what Branches they are Closing (or relocating as they say)

I cant see anything on the Bank of Ireland website about which branches are closing?
    My understanding is that some of them close this week?

When I search the Bank of Ireland website for Westland Row, Whitehall and Inchicore -I get 4 Results none mentioning they are closing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

petronius wrote: »
    When I search the Bank of Ireland website for Westland Row, Whitehall and Inchicore -I get 4 Results none mentioning they are closing?
    Hi petronius,

We can confirm that the following merges will take place over the coming weeks:
    • Whitehall will merge with Collinstown on the 11/10/13;
    • Inchicore will merge with Walkinstown on the 18/10/13;
    • Westland Row will merge with College Green on the 1/11/13.
    [*]

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Seán

"merge" is such a nice word - hopefully it is not a word used for PR purposes to disguise "Closure".

Which i have my doubts about that!

Advertisement