Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Level Economics Result

• 14-08-2013 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how the people who did Higher Level Economics fared today. Did you improve from your mock? Were you happy with the result?

Poll has been added. :cool:

What grade did you achieve? 39 votes

A1
    0% 0 votes
    A2
    12% 5 votes
    B1
    17% 7 votes
    B2
    10% 4 votes
    B3
    20% 8 votes
    C1
    15% 6 votes
    C2
    5% 2 votes
    C3
    10% 4 votes
    D1
    2% 1 vote
    D2
    2% 1 vote
    D3
    0% 0 votes
    Fail
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I got a B3 and I'm really not happy about it, it was my A1 subject but I made a balls of the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I was delighted with a B3 in economics as I only took it up this year and didn't do more work in it than any other subject , think they must have marked me nicely enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

It was one of my best subjects but I fecked it up. Happy enough with the A2 in the end though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

They always mark it to death. Any ambiguity at all and marks are gone. Only 1.9% A1s this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

It was quite a tricky exam this year and to be fair I think C2 is good reflection for my hard work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

I did my LC last year and economics was one of my best subjects. I always got As and got 2 Bs in two years of studying in economics. Then I do my Leaving Cert, think it went amazingly and come out with a C1.

I viewed it and I think they're really strict on the standard of english used in the exam. I said something about taxes being unfair and because I didn't use inequitable I lost something like 10 marks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Pulled a B1 from god knows where!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭crow2

A2 in mocks

B2 in LC

short questions..WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Absolute ****ing sham, A1s every test since 5th year and a B3 in the actual thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

sganyfx wrote: »
    Absolute ****ing sham, A1s every test since 5th year and a B3 in the actual thing...

Same thing man, spoiled my results and leaves me in a nervous position for Sunday night. Can't wait to see the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Same thing man, spoiled my results and leaves me in a nervous position for Sunday night. Can't wait to see the paper.

I should be safe for my course, but it am just so annoyed, disappointed with my points. I hope things go right for you on Sunday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

sganyfx wrote: »

That sort of discrepancy is often down to a mis-tot. Make sure to view the papers with someone who has corrected. Doesn't have to be a corrector of Economics - any SEC examiner will do. Ask in your school if you're not sure who has or hasn't corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Crap paper , got a c3 , a and b student all through the course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

Still dissappointed as I wanted A1 desparetely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

They wanted to decrease the number of A1s this year as it is one of the highest to receive A1s. It's a shame really as I really enjoyed this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Niamh Chinn Oir

I had been getting As all through 5th and 6th year, I got a B in the mock and was very disappointed on Wednesday when I got a C1. On the day I didn't think the exam went extremely well but I did think it had gone better than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Got B/C and then an A wdff?

Same here, I failed my fifth year summer exam and then got a B1 in the LC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

This thread is really helpful for anyone in fifth year , it shows that the subject is really unpredictable!

Whatever about its predictability, you can be sure your paper next year will be at least slightly easier than ours this year, because his knows it couldn't be harder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 keith012

Got an a1 in the mocks and come out with a b2 ..... thought the paper was hard but i know i did better than that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    They wanted to decrease the number of A1s this year as it is one of the highest to receive A1s. It's a shame really as I really enjoyed this subject.

I don't know why they are so strict with the A1s in Economics but it is not a recent development. The A1 rate in Economics has been notoriously low for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Can you check how the grades were in each subject somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭shawki

yournerd wrote: »
    Can you check how the grades were in each subject somewhere?

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=st&sc=r13

Advertisement