Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year repeat query

Options
  • 14-08-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone know if my continuous assessment will count in repeats.I have to repeat one subject,(first year).
    The subject was made up of 1.continuous assessment(did ok in that I think!).
    2 practical,
    3.written paper
    I have been told that I have to repeat the practical and the written work.
    Will my continuous assessment mark be added on to the repeat mark?.
    Assistance greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It really depends on the module. If you read the course outline it should say there.
    For any module I have done the cognition us assessment grade did carry forward to the repeats but there's no set rule on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Sometimes the repeat exam will account for 100% of the capped grade (C3) while in other times the repeat exam will only account for the the same % as the end of semester exam for the final module grade. The latter has the problem if you do bad in the course work and I know people that knew that they would have to repeat the module before the final exam.
    In your case I guess the assessment mark will contribute to the repeat final mark. Email your lecture if you still unsure. Try not panic and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It comes down to the lecturer. I had one who allowed people to carry forward project marks and the final was worth the same 40% as the original exam (obviously, still capped though)

Advertisement