Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need advice

• 14-08-2013 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

I brought my dog for a run in a field last night she started foaming at the mouth. It happened once before when i was moving house a few months ago. She is a jack russell she is 1year and a half. Has this happened to anyones dog before

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

The panting from exercise will often basically whip up the dogs saliva into a foam, my lab gets a bit foamy round the mouth after heavy exercise. Most reasons are simply due to excessive panting...stress or fear can cause foam also or nausea. Once your dog wasnt fitting or seems ill in any way I wouldnt worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

maggiepip wrote: »
    The panting from exercise will often basically whip up the dogs saliva into a foam, my lab gets a bit foamy round the mouth after heavy exercise. Most reasons are simply due to excessive panting...stress or fear can cause foam also or nausea. Once your dog wasnt fitting or seems ill in any way I wouldnt worry.

No she didnt have a fit

Advertisement