Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gates - Maintenance

Options
  • 14-08-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hope the correct section.

I have SEA overground Tank hydralic gate motors, they are in now 5 years but I never checked them for oil.

What oil is needed to top them up? How do I check them for oil?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JOS52

JOS52 wrote: »
    Hope the correct section.

I have SEA overground Tank hydralic gate motors, they are in now 5 years but I never checked them for oil.

What oil is needed to top them up? How do I check them for oil?

I see in the manual you use a screwdriver to check the level but do the motors have to come off to be dipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Are they giving trouble that you feel you need to top them up? Usually gate motors come as per factory condition and are fine regarding hydraulic oil levels for years.
    You should really only concern yourself with the lubrication points of the motor.

I find that if hydraulic oil is dropping then a seal or something similar has failed, therefore you will be topping it up very frequently.

Advertisement