Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be quick! Toshiba portable 2.5 inch, 750GB, £33 at Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Damn. Thought it was a misprice. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

No, it's not. This is Lightning Deal Price.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Is this a good price?!

Is this a bargain alerts forum? If so, then this is a bargain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

fartyarse wrote: »
    Is this a good price?!

Cheers op !

Yes its a good price, cheapest at komplett is 44 eur for a 500gb, this is 50% more hdd for 6 euro less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭mcw92

Its a good price if you dont have USB 3.0 or don't intend on upgrading anytime soon.
    But a 1TB USB 3.0 for 55£ is a much better deal IMO, or a 500GB 3.0 for 38£.

The speed difference is huge for copying big files.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

mcw92 wrote: »
    Its a good price if you dont have USB 3.0 or don't intend on upgrading anytime soon.
    But a 1TB USB 3.0 for 55£ is a much better deal IMO, or a 500GB 3.0 for 38£.

The speed difference is huge for copying big files.

Depends on what your doing, but im happy out with usb 2 as I generally just store photos /videos on them as a form of backup. Im not too worried if it takes 10 minutes vs 5 minutes to do an infrequent copy, either way ill go off and do something else. For watching the files its fine.

Its a fair point though, especially if you do a lot of copying or run virtual machines off usb drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

Thanks Ecomac - I was on the waitlist when I got it!!!!!!!!!!

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Back to regular price of GBP48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Hey guys,

This is back on sale today at 12.00. The price isn't up yet but should be the same as the previous time.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/deals-offers-savings/b/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27?ie=UTF8&node=350613011

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I just got one of these and didn't even have to join the waitlist

€38 all in with free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

I just got it only by chance, the amazon webpage said that the lightning sale was starting at 2, lucky I didnt wait till then to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Oh no can't believe I missed this. Could do with an external drive for backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah it looks a good price. Raging I missed it the first time.
    Want to use it as backup of my photos and movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

If it doesn't work with my Mac one of you can have mine. It has windows stuff plastered all over it so i have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

If it doesn't work with my Mac one of you can have mine. It has windows stuff plastered all over it so i have my doubts.

have never seen a hard drive that won't work with a Mac. It may be formatted for Windows when it arrives alright, but thats usually easy enough to sort with Disk Utility :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 outofsyncc

Got mine last week. Works with mac. Thanks OP

Advertisement