Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Enniscrone co Sligo

• 14-08-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Will be spend the next 12 months in Enniscrone co Sligo, looking to see it fixed line broadband or mobile broadband is better for what I need, it'll be work and family use.

Looking for best speed possible but with it being a small area I might be better with the mobile broadband and in that case does anyone have any advice on which provider , Vodafone, three, O2 ???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 enniscrone

Hi Dan,

I personally have gone through most of the different providers of broadband in the Enniscrone area including fixed line with Vodafone and Eircom, 3G with Vodafone and Three, and finally with a Line Of Sight service from Atlantek.

By a mile the most reliable and fastest speeds are from from a Line Of Sight provider called Atlantek www.atlantek.net
    I packages which starts at €20 per month, no line rental, no download restrictions and a download load speed of 5mb and an amazing 5mb upload (Yes really 5mb up!!) The fastest connection they offer at the minute is 15mb down but that is being improved on all the time.
    I have not had any problem with them and no downtime even in bad weather! This is a solid, reliable service and the only real option.
    Their telephone number is 097-88811, ask for Alan and use the promo code 'Enniscrone' to get a discount on the installation fee.

Stay away from Vodafone's fixed line service. I have a long battle with them over what can only be described as a terrible service. Speeds dropping to bellow 1mb and a very slow upload speed maxing out at 0.3mb. In the end they released us from our contract but only after weeks of calling them every single day complaining. If you really need a fixed land-line provider stick with Eircom. They are a little more expensive than the others (Vodafone, Sky etc.) but remember they own the lines and if you have any issues, one of their tec guys will help. The other providers all have to call Eircom for support! At the moment 7mb is about the highest any fixed-line provider can offer you in this area but you will be very lucky to get more than 5mb.

3G modems are a good back up and you will find that most people in the area will recommend Three as they seem to have the best coverage in the area. But saying that I have also used a Vodafone 3G dongle and got a decent 3 to 4 bars on the connection. It depends on what part of the town you are in. I was getting speeds of between 1 to 2mb at best with an upload of 0.8mb which is good but I did not find the connection consistent enough for what I needed.

Bottom line if you need decent speed and a solid connection go with Aatlantek.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

Cheers,

Will be working from home a lot so this may just work, there website has packages only up to 6 mb but maybe their site is a bit behind what they do,

I have a call to them and see what the story is, cheers for that
    enniscrone wrote: »
    Hi Dan,

I personally have gone through most of the different providers of broadband in the Enniscrone area including fixed line with Vodafone and Eircom, 3G with Vodafone and Three, and finally with a Line Of Sight service from Atlantek.

By a mile the most reliable and fastest speeds are from from a Line Of Sight provider called Atlantek www.atlantek.net
    I packages which starts at €20 per month, no line rental, no download restrictions and a download load speed of 5mb and an amazing 5mb upload (Yes really 5mb up!!) The fastest connection they offer at the minute is 15mb down but that is being improved on all the time.
    I have not had any problem with them and no downtime even in bad weather! This is a solid, reliable service and the only real option.
    Their telephone number is 097-88811, ask for Alan and use the promo code 'Enniscrone' to get a discount on the installation fee.

Stay away from Vodafone's fixed line service. I have a long battle with them over what can only be described as a terrible service. Speeds dropping to bellow 1mb and a very slow upload speed maxing out at 0.3mb. In the end they released us from our contract but only after weeks of calling them every single day complaining. If you really need a fixed land-line provider stick with Eircom. They are a little more expensive than the others (Vodafone, Sky etc.) but remember they own the lines and if you have any issues, one of their tec guys will help. The other providers all have to call Eircom for support! At the moment 7mb is about the highest any fixed-line provider can offer you in this area but you will be very lucky to get more than 5mb.

3G modems are a good back up and you will find that most people in the area will recommend Three as they seem to have the best coverage in the area. But saying that I have also used a Vodafone 3G dongle and got a decent 3 to 4 bars on the connection. It depends on what part of the town you are in. I was getting speeds of between 1 to 2mb at best with an upload of 0.8mb which is good but I did not find the connection consistent enough for what I needed.

Bottom line if you need decent speed and a solid connection go with Aatlantek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 enniscrone

Hi Dan,

The packages, speeds and prices advertised on the webpage seem to be outdated. Give Alan a call.

Advertisement