Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student B.Ed 2013

Options
  • 14-08-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all

Is there many people going back as a mature student to do the B.Ed this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 traolach

hello im going back again (2nd year) what are my full entitlements other that my 188euro....some students last year were receiving 188 per week and also a maintance allowance ..is their any reason why i did not get this i applied to SUSSI ...i have my fees paid and my 188 ....is there some one i can contact to help me with this, i am also a single parent and i as of yet not receiving a payment for my daughter who has been living with me full time since September 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 13 maryi2013

Hi,

Are you a mature student? I am not sure about the entitlements as i am just getting started too but i'm sure you could find out if you just ask in your local social welfare office!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

maryi2013 wrote: »
    Hi all

Is there many people going back as a mature student to do the B.Ed this year?

Are you starting out, maryi2013?

AFAIK, all mature students are grouped together in the B.Ed so this in itself is a great way to start off.

Hi Poxy,

Yes just starting in the college this year. I think the mature B.Eds were mixed in with all the other students last year as there was so few of them (15 i think). Just curious how many of us there will be this year! Any idea how many?

yes i am a mature student ....im a BA

• Advertisement

Its definitely worth looking into. Its odd that they also received the maintenance grant, i was sure that it was either one or the other. I think we get our tuition fees and the BTEA, but as you are a single parent you may be entitled to something else! Are you back on the 9th too?

yes as far as i know the 9th is the day

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

Hey guys,
    Sorry to reactivate an old thread, it looks like I'll be joining 2nd year b.ed next September as a mature student so will most likely be in your group - just wanted to see how things were going? Are there many matures in the year?
    Thanks
    IT9

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

traolach wrote: »
    hello im going back again (2nd year) what are my full entitlements other that my 188euro....some students last year were receiving 188 per week and also a maintance allowance ..is their any reason why i did not get this i applied to SUSSI ...i have my fees paid and my 188 ....is there some one i can contact to help me with this, i am also a single parent and i as of yet not receiving a payment for my daughter who has been living with me full time since September 2012

Apologies we are only seeing this thread now for some reason, have you dropped down to our Student Parent Support Service? It is run Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. We have strong links with the Community Welfare Officer in Limerick and often run one on one sessions with the CWO from the SU. Check out http://www.misu.ie/index.php/studentsupp/student-parent-support-service for further details. Hope this helps.

Advertisement