Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Cards

Options
  • 14-08-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good phone card for calling Ireland from the UK? something compatible with a landline mainly, user friendly would help too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

I had a talkmobile sim and it worked out around 2c per min to home? best bet is go into a carphone warehouse & then a phones4u and compare the two for the best package like I did.
    otherwise there's always Skype

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

A skype-to-go number is really handy. About 2c per minute too.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

But I just want to use my home phonw, its a calling card recommendation I'm looking for.

Thanks anyway for the suggestions! I find skype's reception not all that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

But I just want to use my home phonw, its a calling card recommendation I'm looking for.

Thanks anyway for the suggestions! I find skype's reception not all that good!

It's not really Skype, using a Skype to go number. You ring a UK landline number and that will route your call to the number you've preprogrammed to that number. Basically it is a call card without the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I use moneysavingexpert's tool to call home cheaply. Less hassle than a card and saves a fortune.

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/intcallchecker/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

I use moneysavingexpert's tool to call home cheaply. Less hassle than a card and saves a fortune.

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/intcallchecker/

That's a great site..thanks

Advertisement