Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child's earlobe piercing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To OP, just a note on whether your daughter should be allowed to get her ears pierced at all (whether gun or needle):

I badly wanted my ears pierced as a kid, from I guess about the age of 7 on. My parents told me I wasn't allowed until I was a teenager. On my 13th birthday I got my lobes pierced (with a gun); by 15, I had four studs in each ear and a navel piercing (all also with guns, in George's Market Arcade *shudder*); by 17 I had my nose done too (thankfully by now had learned to go proper salons for needles) as well as my first tattoo, and it's only continued from there (long) into adulthood. Moral of the story - if you don't let her get her ears pierced now, she'll probably end up only wanting them more and more. Now, that's not necessarily a problem, just FYI ;);)

To be perfectly honest, that's anecdotal, and the chances of wanting more piercings or tattoos is nothing do do with when you get pierced. I had no intention of ever getting pierced till I was in my 20s. Wanted a tattoo since I was around 15-16, had the sense to wait, waited almost 10 years to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get someone to do them before she's 14!

endacl wrote: »
    Would you consider getting her some pretty little clip-on earrings OP? It might be the jewelry she's keen on, as opposed to the piercing? Daddy and youtube will have no problem with that.

Sidestep the problem.

She's taken to wearing nail tattoos (they're little stickers for your nails) stuck to her ears smile.png

Thanks for all your replies.

Advertisement