Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Door into Nursing!

Options
  • 14-08-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I just received my Leaving Certificate results this morning (395 points!). Sadly, I won't be able to get into General Nursing. I can, however, take Intellectual Disability Nursing. Is there a way where I can do three years of the latter course and then do General Nursing for a year or two, or something? Preferably, I'd like to avoid any PLC courses, but if you have any information -- and I mean ANY -- then please share! Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nicole94

im also looking for a way into nursing, ive completely missed my course so looking for something to do for the year to try get me into my course,ive an interview soon for a nursing studies course which is one possibility if i get it but looking for other options too? please help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Houset

I just received my Leaving Certificate results this morning (395 points!). Sadly, I won't be able to get into General Nursing. I can, however, take Intellectual Disability Nursing. Is there a way where I can do three years of the latter course and then do General Nursing for a year or two, or something? Preferably, I'd like to avoid any PLC courses, but if you have any information -- and I mean ANY -- then please share! Thanks! :)

Hi, Did you start the Intellectual Disability Nursing?? I may get an offer in the next round for ID nursing in dkit? I just wanna know how did you find it? is it tough?

Advertisement