Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for commission based contractor for web design sales.

• 14-08-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I've just moved my web design company to Cork, my business has three main aspects to it one being web design. I am quite busy but I am looking to get more business in this new area. I'm looking for someone for business development. The job would require them to procure new customers by cold calling and other methods. They will also be responsible for acquiring all the information and media required for the web design projects.

Web packages normally cost €800, €1000 or €1500 with some room for manoeuvring.

This job will be commission based. For the first €3000 of turnover provided from their sales there will be a commission of 15%. For anything above this there will be a commission of 20%. Commission is paid monthly.

Potential to earn upwards of €600 per week.

Some knowledge of web design sales would be fantastic but not essential.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

bian999 wrote: »
    Hi, I've just moved my web design company to Cork, my business has three main aspects to it one being web design. I am quite busy but I am looking to get more business in this new area. I'm looking for someone for business development. The job would require them to procure new customers by cold calling and other methods. They will also be responsible for acquiring all the information and media required for the web design projects.

Web packages normally cost €800, €1000 or €1500 with some room for manoeuvring.

This job will be commission based. For the first €3000 of turnover provided from their sales there will be a commission of 15%. For anything above this there will be a commission of 20%. Commission is paid monthly.

Potential to earn upwards of €600 per week.

Some knowledge of web design sales would be fantastic but not essential.

I think you should probably think up another plan. The potential to earn €600 a week doesn't even vaguely sound believable. Are you going to pay the commission when they get a customer or when the customer pays? Can you handle the additional work?

It sounds like you want to get somebody to do the difficult work to keep you busy with the technical work. Any sales person who can generate as much work as you suggest from cold calling will be very good and likely to be able get a better job.

Don't mean to be nasty but it just doesn't seem reasonable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

^ Agreed. Someone with high selling skills would see though this pretty quick. "Don't bull-hit a bull-hitter" I think the saying goes

Advertisement