Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Tablet for streaming Netflix please

Options
  • 14-08-2013 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We love Netflix in our house and my daughter is looking for a tablet for her birthday. I would like to get her one that streams Netflix properly but the problem is my budget. I am willing to spend about €150 which is not much in "Tablet" world I know.

So basically I am asking if anyone can recommend a tablet for the purposes of Netflix, Youtube etc on a budget of €150. Somebody mentioned the Acer Iconia B1 to me but I don't know how that performs on Netflix.

My broadband is pretty good, I have Sky Hub, and have no problem at all streaming on lap top or Iphone.

I'm about to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 for myself and my husband and hope that will stream the Netflix well but that's €300 so I can't stretch to that for a birthday present.

Really would appreciate some advice.:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Hi,

We love Netflix in our house and my daughter is looking for a tablet for her birthday. I would like to get her one that streams Netflix properly but the problem is my budget. I am willing to spend about €150 which is not much in "Tablet" world I know.

So basically I am asking if anyone can recommend a tablet for the purposes of Netflix, Youtube etc on a budget of €150. Somebody mentioned the Acer Iconia B1 to me but I don't know how that performs on Netflix.

My broadband is pretty good, I have Sky Hub, and have no problem at all streaming on lap top or Iphone.

I'm about to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 for myself and my husband and hope that will stream the Netflix well but that's €300 so I can't stretch to that for a birthday present.

Really would appreciate some advice.:)

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The 2012 Nexus 7 16 GB should be going cheap these days, with the new one coming out soon. Should be able to find one for you budget. There was thread over on the Bargain Alerts with one in you price range:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057003384

My 8 year old cousin has the 32 GB one, and she uses if for games and watching netflix, when she is over in our house, so I reckon it should do the job just fine.

Advertisement