If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road trip for AV amp.

Options
  • 14-08-2013 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi. I'm in Belfast next Wed/Thurs and was thinking of getting a Yamaha 673 AV reciever. Would I have had to order in advance or are they in stock? 
    In addition, I'm looking for a centre and perhaps a sub (both Q Acoustic). I note that there are Q Acoustic speakers on the .com site, but none on the .ie site (none that I can see). Is more stock available than is listed onsite? Is it too late to order for next week?

Thanks, just getting back into this lark after a few years away.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi. I'm in Belfast next Wed/Thurs and was thinking of getting a Yamaha 673 AV reciever. Would I have had to order in advance or are they in stock? 
    In addition, I'm looking for a centre and perhaps a sub (both Q Acoustic). I note that there are Q Acoustic speakers on the .com site, but none on the .ie site (none that I can see). Is more stock available than is listed onsite? Is it too late to order for next week?

Thanks, just getting back into this lark after a few years away.
    Lenny,

apologies for the delay getting back to you..

We are just out of stock on the RXV373 and awaiting the new model - the RXV675 - we may have the 675 available from mid next week and we will happily do you a great price on it - the RX673's wont be in again until Friday 23rd (at £349.95)

In the interim I'll happily do you a deal on the following:

Onkyo TXNR626 - the new unit from Onkyo - Was £499.95 - RXV673 replacement Boardie price - £329.95

Pioneer VSX923 - Spanking new receiver in from Pioneer - Retail £449.95 - RXV673 replacement Boardie price - £349.95

Denon AVRX2000 - Beautiful Airplay AV receiver from Denon - Retail £499.95 - RXV673 replacement Boardie price - £399.95

On the Q-Acoustics front, apologies for the inconvenience - I'll kick our IT guy to get these up - we stock the full range and of course at the same pricing as the .com site..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LennyMogwai

Cool. Thanks for the quick response.

I'd been looking at the Onkyo because of Spotify and wireless (and because an Onkyo DVD player I bought from RS in Dublin 12 years ago is still working perfectly), so that would be great at the boardie price. I'll also take a Q 2000Ci centre in graphite and a subwoofer, the Q2070i. I'm all set for leads, except for the subwoofer lead and about 3m of speaker cable for the centre, both of which I can sort out when I come visit. The old wire is by far the best part of the system I'm replacing!

Thanks for your attention, not to mention the more than decent deal in the reply.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I'd been looking at the Onkyo because of Spotify and wireless (and because an Onkyo DVD player I bought from RS in Dublin 12 years ago is still working perfectly), so that would be great at the boardie price. I'll also take a Q 2000Ci centre in graphite and a subwoofer, the Q2070i. I'm all set for leads, except for the subwoofer lead and about 3m of speaker cable for the centre, both of which I can sort out when I come visit. The old wire is by far the best part of the system I'm replacing!

Thanks for your attention, not to mention the more than decent deal in the reply.
    Hi LennyMogwai.

If you drop me a PM with your details I can get the order up on system so it is here for you when you come to collect and to make sure they don't get sold on you.

Hi LennyMogwai.

If you drop me a PM with your details I can get the order up on system so it is here for you when you come to collect and to make sure they don't get sold on you.
    Just PM'ed. Thanks.
    Lar (Lennymogwai).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Lar, thanks for that.

We are short on Onkyo 626's.

Can you let me know what day you will be up and the colour of the speakers you would like and we'll see what we can work out ?

Thanks

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Lar, thanks for that.

Can you let me know what day you will be up and the colour of the speakers you would like and we'll see what we can work out ?

Thanks

Dave
    I'm up on Wed afternoon and leaving lunchtime Thurs. Graphite for the speakers. 
    Thanks.

Hi Lar, thanks for that.

Thanks

Dave
    Thanks.
    Hi Lenny,

Thanks for getting back to us.  

At the moment the only 626 we have in stock is our display model.  If you wanted something for Wednesday/Thursday we could let that one go.  Still have the box and all the accys here.  Only been on display for just over 1 month.

Another option is that we could order you a brand new one in from our main warehouse.  The only issue here is that it could be Friday of next week before it arrives with us here in Belfast.  We do offer a mail order service so once it arrives we could have it sent down to you for just £12.99 on a next working day service.  Sometimes we can get direct deliveries sorted from our warehouse so there is a good chance you may have it before the Friday.

On the speaker front we've both the centre and sub in graphite here in the store.  These are available for collection, or if you wanted a new Onkyo shipped to you we could also send the speakers down with it.

Sorry for any hassle caused.

Chris

Hi Lar, thanks for that.

Thanks

Dave
    Thanks.
    Hi Lenny,

At the moment the only 626 we have in stock is our display model.  If you wanted something for Wednesday/Thursday we could let that one go.  Still have the box and all the accys here.  Only been on display for just over 1 month.

Another option is that we could order you a brand new one in from our main warehouse.  The only issue here is that it could be Friday of next week before it arrives with us here in Belfast.  We do offer a mail order service so once it arrives we could have it sent down to you for just £12.99 on a next working day service.  Sometimes we can get direct deliveries sorted from our warehouse so there is a good chance you may have it before the Friday.

On the speaker front we've both the centre and sub in graphite here in the store.  These are available for collection, or if you wanted a new Onkyo shipped to you we could also send the speakers down with it.

Chris
    Kinda want to get the whole thing done this week, so I should be okay with the display model as long as it's as new and under warranty. I'll take a look when I get in on Thursday. The speakers I'll definitely take. Thanks again.

Hi Lar, thanks for that.

Thanks

Dave
    Thanks.
    Hi Lenny,

Chris
    Kinda want to get the whole thing done this week, so I should be okay with the display model as long as it's as new and under warranty. I'll take a look when I get in on Thursday. The speakers I'll definitely take. Thanks again.
    Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've reserved all the items for you so it's all sitting here.  I'll leave the 626 out of the box so you can inspect it yourself :)  It's in top condition so hopefully you'll be pleased.  Onkyo come with a 2 year warranty which also applies to the display model.  We can also add on another 3 years to give you a 5 year cover for just £32.99.

We're here from 11am - 7pm on Thursday so pop in whenever you're ready and we'll get you sorted.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.