Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched over 2 weeks ago. Still no account number and former provider still says we

Options
  • 14-08-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Slightly disappointed with Electric Ireland.

Long story short. Changed from one provider for electricity and gas via the online form. It all went through it seems. Got a reference number in the switchover email but it has been two weeks and no account number. Called them up to find out what is going on and was told it should have been sent out, and that they will post out all the details again. That happens, no problem!

Got a letter today and it was simply a print out of the terms and conditions of the provider. Nothing else.. I dont need that its available on-line. I just want the account number(s) for the gas and power.

Not only that, the former provider still says we are getting our gas from them even though Electric Ireland said on the phone that gas and power were switched on the 30th and 31st of July.

So I am without my account number and someone did not fully tell the old provider that we left them for both gas and power. Can someone clear this up? Normally straight forward but again, these things happen.

Oh and finally, when requesting a call back.. Can you call me back? Dead end on afew occasions. 

Anyway gimme a shout so we can get this sorted. Shall provide Reference number via PM. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Ste_JDM,

We regret that you are unhappy with your customer experience. It can take up to 20 working days for a switch to process completely and the new account information to issue to the customer. Did you receive a bill yet from your previous provider for electricity/gas usage up to the point of switching?

Do indeed PM us - the details we require are: your name, address and contact telephone number. The MPRN/GPRN would be great also if you have them to hand. If not, we will try to search with the other details, to see what the status of the switch is, and whether any of the account numbers have generated yet.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

Hi Ste_JDM,

We regret that you are unhappy with your customer experience. It can take up to 20 working days for a switch to process completely and the new account information to issue to the customer. Did you receive a bill yet from your previous provider for electricity/gas usage up to the point of switching?

Do indeed PM us - the details we require are: your name, address and contact telephone number. The MPRN/GPRN would be great also if you have them to hand. If not, we will try to search with the other details, to see what the status of the switch is, and whether any of the account numbers have generated yet.

Regards,
    Una
    Hey Una,

Thanks for the quick reply.The former provider has not sent out any bill yet but I have noted that they no longer say we are getting power by them but we are still getting our Gas. On my last call to Electric Ireland I was told that they were switched over on both on the 30th and 31st for both gas and power.

I'll throw you a PM now with the details I have.

Advertisement