Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

via Munster in the past anyway. Ringing Pat Geraghty is not a nice experience

I've had the pleasure alright.

Has a new media manager been put in place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

phog wrote: »

Cheers. Good reminder how well JJ played. Nice cross-kick for one try, great pass for the final one and beat 4 players for his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Great interview that. Honest to god, the rugby blogs and young journalists (Murray Kinsella, Cian Treacy etc) in this country are light years ahead of some of the 'established' names, and aren't shackled either.

Wonder how does a blog get access to a player for interview? Via Munster or through the player's agent?

He (the blogger) tweeted some players and asked for their time over the weekend. Perhaps, he'll do so for each home game, not sure.
    The Red Scare ‏@RedScareRugby 29 Aug @catsheridan1 Hi Cathal - we were wondering if we could do a quick Q&A with you for our site?

via Munster in the past anyway. Ringing Pat Geraghty is not a nice experience

I've no idea what he was like to deal with if you were looking for access to a player for an interview but he was very helpful to me and to anyone I know that looked for players to be available to charities. I also know he was well regarded by anyone that had a mascot on match day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭mohawk

BJ Botha ‏@BJBotha 1h
    Great day in Dublin☀, very positive news about my injury, appreciate all the messages😊

From the man himself via twitter

mohawk wrote: »

I saw that, could almost feel how relieved he was from his tweet. I think he thought he was in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Thank fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

Malone is taking up the role of head coach to the Munster A team..interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

mohawk wrote: »

Has anything further been said, bar the "minimum 4 weeks"?

• Advertisement

backgreen wrote: »
    Malone is taking up the role of head coach to the Munster A team..interesting

Natural progression really with Ian Costelloe stepping up to Senior team. Who took over from Mike Prendegast since he moved to Grenoble?

In that last squad update, it was said a number of returning internationals will be available for consideration...

Suppose Sherry will start... but does it mean we might see the likes of Kilcoyne and TOD involved? I'm presuming we won't be playing Ryan and POM, both have played a lot of rugby in the last year, I'd definitely give them a rest.

I suppose we'll see players being dropped into the match day squads from now until the Leinster game. It's then we'll probably see the Lions, POM and D Ryan being available.

Earls is back training too so he'll surely make an appearance next week.

I suppose we'll see players being dropped into the match day squads from now until the Leinster game. It's then we'll probably see the Lions, POM and D Ryan being available.

Earls is back training too so he'll surely make an appearance next week.

Team to be named tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Donnacha Ryan was rested from the summer tour so hopefully he'll be back in the next week or so.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Team to be named tomorrow?

Don't know but for a Saturday game probably will be.

• Advertisement

Donnacha Ryan was rested from the summer tour so hopefully he'll be back in the next week or so.

Rested with a shoulder injury so they might give him the same time off as the internationals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Got a ridiculous 'Snood' from MRSC yesterday.

Thing was already falling apart when I took it out of the plastic. Joke shop

Whats wrong with a nice simple scarf???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Natural progression really with Ian Costelloe stepping up to Senior team. Who took over from Mike Prendegast since he moved to Grenoble?
    Wasnt Prendergast coaching Young Munsters last year and had nothing to do with Munster.
    CoDy1 wrote: »

I like the snood. Will be great on cold days on the Terrace. Hard for MRSC to come up with something new every year to give in membership packs is hard enough. If you don't use it don't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

We got a scarf 2 years ago. You hardly need another one do you? :)
    The snood is pretty crap though. Over the years I can remember a cheap baseball cap (never worn), a set of pens (never used), a poncho (ripped when opening the package) and a keyring (which is on my keys).
    Really they should just scrap the gift and reduce the membership fee by a few euro.

My girls loved it but it looked ridiculous on me, esp when I tried it as a hat.

They try to give different items each year so they avoided the scarf.

• Advertisement

ormond lad wrote: »
    Wasnt Prendergast coaching Young Munsters last year and had nothing to do with Munster.

He was coach at Munsters, but he was also backs coach with the A team.

ormond lad wrote: »

As Cookiemunster said, Prendo was a backs coach to Munster A.

Munster Rugby's app could do with a makeover. It looks too cartoony and the clarity is poor. They should take a leaf out of Toulon's app which is slick.

Munster Rugby's app could do with a makeover. It looks too cartoony and the clarity is poor. They should take a leaf out of Toulon's app which is slick.

App? Not using it but is it even Munster's or just using the Munster name?

I downloaded Ultimate Rugby app the other day and wouldn't be too impressed with it at the moment, will give it until the league starts to see if I'm going to chuck it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I downloaded Ultimate Rugby app the other day and wouldn't be too impressed with it at the moment, will give it until the league starts to see if I'm going to chuck it out.

Really? UR app is easily the nicest rugby related app out there IMO. Very fluid, pro finish to it and has a lot of basic info you want at your finger tips.

Have you set up all the leagues/teams on your account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

.ak wrote: »
    Really? UR app is easily the nicest rugby related app out there IMO. Very fluid, pro finish to it and has a lot of basic info you want at your finger tips.

Ya it's a great app

It is using the Munster Rugby logo so yes it is definitely Munster's.

Yes, set up but not very happy with it.

The only pre-season results on it were for Leinster's two game and one for Ulster and that's only because Ulster played Leinster.

Fixture venues for some of the Munster home games are incorrect - may be because initially all Munster games were listed for TP but that's long since corrected.

Maybe this is me - on my Tab I get a prompt (if prompt is the correct word) of results or just now teams are announced, Dragons v Ulster and Scarlets V Leinster, when I click on the Dragons prompt it brings me to the Scarlets v Leinster team details, then I go to the Scarlets prompt and that as I would expect brings me to the Scarlets /Leinster team details.

Anyway may be going way off topic here.

It is using the Munster Rugby logo so yes it is definitely Munster's.

Just downloaded it and it looks more like a link to their website. Poor enough. Hopefully it is being enhanced. How long has it been in existance?

Not everything with the Munster logo is Munster's and of that you can be certain.

Just downloaded it and it looks more like a link to their website. Poor enough. Hopefully it is being enhanced. How long has it been in existance?

Not everything with the Munster logo is Munster's and of that you can be certain.

Well if it's not Munster's they could sue whoever made it for 'passing off' or simply under copyright.

Whoever is replacing PG should look into an overhaul.

On another topic, it looks like Munster have scrapped a two tier system for stand tickets at Musgrave Park. The only stand price is 35 euro.

• Advertisement

Munster: Denis Hurley; Ronan O'Mahony, Casey Laulala, Ivan Dineen, Johne Murphy; Ian Keatley, Duncan Williams, James Cronin, Mike Sherry, Stephen Archer; Dave Foley, Donncha O’Callaghan; Dave O'Callaghan, Sean Dougall, James Coughlan Capt. Replacements: Damien Varley, Dave Kilcoyne, John Ryan, Billy Holland, Tommy O’Donnell, Cathal Sheridan, JJ Hanrahan, Cian Bohane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

So...Duncan Williams still starts...

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    So...Duncan Williams still starts...

Nooooooo571.jpg

Athransa to explode in 3..2..1

Yay, a team!

Noooo, Williams ahead of Sheridan.

Actually, bigger question...where is CJ?????

Not happy that Williams is ahead of Sheridan. He's simply not good enough. Also where's Stander?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Athransa to explode in 3..2..1

I believe atrasna is having a bad day as it is......this is going to be the poo icing on the poo cake with poo sprinkles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Actually, bigger question...where is CJ?????

He's not rated.

/runs!

• Advertisement

He's not rated.

/runs!

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

He's not rated.

/runs!

If hes not carrying an injury then you'd have to question what is going on with CJ. Remember last season he returned to South Africa and then there was the half arsed excuse that he was excluded from HC squads because of an 'administrative error' and thats why he wasn't getting any gametime.

He's been class whenever hes played and I've no idea why he isn't starting or at the very least on the bench. And I'm not reacting to just today's exclusion (which could be an injury)

Bogota wrote: »
    If hes not carrying an injury then you'd have to question what is going on with CJ. Remember last season he returned to South Africa and then there was the half arse excuse that he was excluded from HC squads because of an 'administrative error'.

He's been class whenever hes played and I've no idea why he isn't starting or at the very least on the bench. And I'm not reacting to just today's exclusion (which could be an injury)

He was very good in the Glasgow game but bar that I haven't been overly impressed with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

He was very good in the Glasgow game but bar that I haven't been overly impressed with him.

Very good in his second start against Edinburgh too. I think he scored 4 tries in 6 games, its a damn impressive return rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

He has only had 3 starts!

Bogota wrote: »
    Very good in his second start against Edinburgh too. I think he scored 4 tries in 6 games, its a damn impressive return rate.

He certainly should have featured more alright. I'll reserve judgment until next weekend but if he doesn't feature it will be clear that something is amiss

• Advertisement

Tox56 wrote: »
    He has only had 3 starts!

saw him play twice for Munster A too. In fact, bar the Glasgow game, they were they only times I saw him play in the flesh

Overall opinion:

Outside backs pretty much as expected, they're the only 3 players who are still fit afaik. Hopefully we'll see the King of the Offloads open up the Edinburgh defence.

In the centre, slightly disappointed that Bohane wasn't partnered with Laulala after some good reports from pre-season. Still, Dineen is a good player too, hopefully he can impress. We need Laulala to continue his form from the end of last season over to this season, and be consistent for the year. He's really talented, we need to use him.

Keatley- fine, some people were hoping to see JJ, never thought it was likely. Thought it was more likely to see him in the centre (slightly disappointed he wasn't tbh)..... obviously Williams starting is a huge disappointment, every time he's had a good game, he's followed it up with 2 or 3 poor performances. Sheridan looks so much snappier.

Back row... the exclusion of CJ is weird. I mean he was involved for the whole of pre-season afaik, now Dougall and TOD both leapfrog him?? Maybe he's injured... I don't get the whole "not rating" him thing because I think he looks very decent. Deserves a shot. Good to see DOC2.0 there, people were saying that Ronan outshone Dougall in the friendlies, so I didn't expect to see him there. No sign of Butler either...

2nd row, DOC + Foley. Foley seems to be favoured atm, always looked a very solid player. Must be disappointing for Nagle though, and he might be leaving at the end of the year if he can't push himself up the pecking order.

Front row- as expected, and we do indeed see Kilcoyne on the bench. Lot of pressure on Cronin...he's going to see a lot of gametime this year and last year he didn't feature at all, I don't think. Not the best planning you'd have to think.

Still, excited for it to be back.

CJ not on team = mountain out of a molehill

I'm happy enough with the selection would have liked to see Sheridan start too but I suppose Penney has to swap them around a bit.

TOD will surely get 30 mins to ease himself back, hope he contiues his upward curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭No, you're a...

CJ not on team = mountain out of a molehill

It is a valid point. Penny stated last season before the HC semi that Stander lack of game time was down to injury and ERC rules. Must be another reason today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

At this stage, it will be an interesting development when Stander is included in the team, in a "fringe player keen to impress" kind of way, because that's how the coaching team regard him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement