Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to repeat

• 14-08-2013 3:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Ok I got 135 points in my lc and got an e in both maths and English. How can I repeat but study at home?

Also say I only wanna sit my English and maths will the points I get add on to the 135?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

hey, you can retake your exams as an external candidate, think it differs with each center, get in touch with your school and see what they can do for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

fontdor wrote: »
    Ok I got 135 points in my lc and got an e in both maths and English. How can I repeat but study at home?

Also say I only wanna sit my English and maths will the points I get add on to the 135?

The points will not be added onto the 135 , leaving cert points can only be from one sitting,you can only use them for subject requirements.Honestly i would just repeat the whole leaving if i was you! if you are already doing english and maths try again to boost your points :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭endacl

fontdor wrote: »

No, you can't combine results since the late 80's. Each year is a separate exam. You can carry a pass forward. For example, if a course requires you to have a pass in irish and you got that this year, you won't have to take the subject again. You can carry the 'fact' of a pass, but not the points.

Look at other options though. If you've an idea what course you'd like to do, examine plc courses that might lead to it. I'm not a great believer in repeats. You already have a leaving cert. Whats the point of having another one? Try to think in terms of moving forward. Well done on getting your exams, by the way. People tend to forget that just getting through the LC isn't easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Tbh, I'd ask yourself very tough questions about the real likelihood of you studying at home to the extent needed to repeat your LC and do well, especially with maths and English to achieve (and as already pointed out, while you can carry forward course minimum requirements, you can't combine points from different sittings).

Enda makes some good points above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Would you consider repeating? (not at home), i just think its impossibly hard to motivate yourself at home everyday
    Repeating couldn't have been a better decision for me! It doesn't work for a few people but really works for others!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

you could repeat in an FE college instead of a school, i sat this year first time through an FE college and it helped me immensly, wouldnt of survived the year in a proper school id say

Advertisement