Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neughbours Cat

• 14-08-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

The neighbours cat has taken a shine to our house.
    He's coming in through the kitchen window and patio doors, scavenging food if left out, sleeping on the dining room chairs and I think lately he has started to spray.

He also likes to poop at the back of my shed, sleep under the car and attack other cats that wander near!

What should I do (I know what I want to do!)

He is in no way intentionally encouraged plus he's not particularly friendly himself!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

What should I do (I know what I want to do!)

Have you spoken to your neighbour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Mo60 wrote: »
    Have you spoken to your neighbour?

Not yet. Its only in the last week or so that the cat has upped the house visits.

I was just curious to know if there was something I could do on my side to discourage the cat.

What would cause the cat to take a shine to my house and what could I expect the owner to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,662 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You could try one of these cat repellents.

http://www.pet-bliss.ie/acatalog/Cat_Repellent.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

If you speak to the neighbour you could, between you, arrange something to discourage the cat from coming into your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Sounds like the cat hasn't been neutered. Might be an idea to suggest this to your neigbour :) If it's getting into your house, keep your fingers crossed that it's had a dose of anti-flea drops! An occasional mug of cold water, or a good water pistol, might encourage it to keep to its side of the fence.

Also, there's a special wire netting, or roller bar device, available online that goes around the top of garden fencing to keep cats in - or out, but I don't have a link for it to hand.

Hope you get sorted soon without having to take extreme measures ... ! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement