Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 varmint vs super varmint

Options
  • 14-08-2013 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Lads what is the difference between the Tikka t3 varmint and super varmint? Was in the sweet shop for a look today and came across a super varmint in .223 but the dealer said he could get a varmint model yet he couldnt tell me what the difference was :confused:

Anybody have any experience with the varmint model? Might be going for it as its a good bit cheaper than super varmint

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭silverfox1

Lads what is the difference between the Tikka t3 varmint and super varmint? Was in the sweet shop for a look today and came across a super varmint in .223 but the dealer said he could get a varmint model yet he couldnt tell me what the difference was :confused:

Anybody have any experience with the varmint model? Might be going for it as its a good bit cheaper than super varmint

The varmint stainless and super varmint are basically the same except the sv has a picatinny rail and an oversize bolt knob.
    I had a supervarmint in 22 250 a few years back. By far the most accurate gun I ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

The super varmint also has the same stock as the tikka tac which had an adjustable cheek piece

And the varmint can come in 510 or 600mm barrel lenghts but the supervarmint only comes in 600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭silverfox1

ormondprop wrote: »
    The super varmint also has the same stock as the tikka tac which had an adjustable cheek piece

And the varmint can come in 510 or 600mm barrel lenghts but the supervarmint only comes in 600

Yep forgot to mention that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Is there much in the difference between the 2 I am looking at tikkas at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Is there much in the difference between the 2 I am looking at tikkas at the moment

^^^:confused:

• Advertisement

Jonty wrote: »
    ^^^:confused:

Sorry. I ment in the price of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

there should be very little €150 between them, tops, with €1650 for the super varmint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭vapour_trail

The super varmint was €1700 but I could have got it for €1550 if I put the deposit on and got the paperwork there and then, the varmint model was €1200

The super varmint was €1700 but I could have got it for €1550 if I put the deposit on and got the paperwork there and then, the varmint model was €1200

Thanks for that could you pm me the dealer details

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

tim philbeam does a good review
    of the supervarmint in this months sporting rifle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I had a look at the GMK website and the RRP of the stainless varmint is £1230
    and the supervarmint is £1335 so there is only a difference of 105 sterling between them so I think it would be worth the extra for the supervarmint.
    These are the RRP prices so I would expect to pay less when buying.

ormondprop wrote: »

The supervarmint is also available with the 510mm barrel.

That is a €350 difference when on this web site from across the water http://www.guns.gb.com/contents/en-uk/d156_Tikka_Centerfire_rifles_01.html

The difference in a T3 Varmint and Super Varmint is only £79 or am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

That is a €350 difference when on this web site from across the water http://www.guns.gb.com/contents/en-uk/d156_Tikka_Centerfire_rifles_01.html

The difference in a T3 Varmint and Super Varmint is only £79 or am I missing something?

Higher VAT rate and importation costs would add a bit to the prices here.

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    Higher VAT rate and importation costs would add a bit to the prices here.

I am not talking about the difference sterling and euro prices just the difference between the two models no matter which country you are in. £79 sterling between the 2 models in England and€350 between them here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

I am not talking about the difference sterling and euro prices just the difference between the two models no matter which country you are in. £79 sterling between the 2 models in England and€350 between them here

I am not talking about the sterling or euro difference either.

My post referred to the fact that the UK have lower VAT rates and importation costs, not to mention the quantitive discounts UK dealers get from distributors compared to Ireland.

That would account for the price variance between a dealer in Ireland versus the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

I have a 223 Varmint. You're talking basic stock + no anodising/blacking on bolt. No picatinny rail, either.

AFAIK Supervarmint has the tactical stock.

Both have 5 round mags.

I don't need any of the Supervarmint features, but I rarely go prone/long range.

The only complaint I have is with the fore-end; it's a bit flimsy and engages with the barrel if you rest it near the sling attachment. This rises the POI by 1.5" - enough to miss a bunny....

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    I am not talking about the sterling or euro difference either.

My post referred to the fact that the UK have lower VAT rates and importation costs, not to mention the quantitive discounts UK dealers get from distributors compared to Ireland.

That would account for the price variance between a dealer in Ireland versus the UK.

You have me wrong it is not the difference between a dealer in England and a dealer here and various vat rates or the difference in price here verses prices in England it is the difference between the 2 models in each country.
    Pricing them in a dealer in England there is a difference of £79 sterling between the 2 models .
    But pricing them here there is a difference of €350 between the 2 models this has no bearing on the currency or vat rates that would only come into the equation if I was comparing the difference between buying here or in England

Maybe the 1200 euro quoted for the varmint model was for the blued version.
    There is a price difference or 255 sterling between it and the supervarmint on the GMK website.
    1550 euro does seem a lot compared to UK prices.

Advertisement