Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 25), August 16-17, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Shels away to St.Pats? *gulp* :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Be nice to win 2 in a row.

I'll go for score draw against Bray.

Be nice to win 2 in a row.

I'll go for score draw against Bray.

I don't mind, if you beat Bray ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I don't mind, if you beat Bray ;)

We will try Lars. I am hoping we do too ha.

We will try Lars. I am hoping we do too ha.

Thanks. Never made it to Turner's Cross yet, so hopefully next season :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Shels away to St.Pats? *gulp* :confused:

Bit of a nothing to lose situation.

Actually looking forward to the match weirdly enough.

A draw would be massive for us, fingers well and truly crossed results go our way elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't see us getting anything in Inchicore, I'd take a draw right now!

We could still play some part to prevent St.Pats are winning the league :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Routine win for us I expect, no fuss.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Dundalk vs Sligo sounds nice as well. Hope for a routine home win without fuss :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

We could still play some part to prevent St.Pats are winning the league :pac:

And we can hopefully play a part in relegating Shels as well as boosting our title chances.

kksaints wrote: »
    And we can hopefully play a part in relegating Shels as well as boosting our title chances.

We don't need any help getting relegated...oh, wait...AM is gone :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Could be a potential banana skin coming off the tough run of games we've had recently.

I really never thought Paddy Madden would become an Irish international.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I really never thought Paddy Madden would become an Irish international.
    Eamonn Donohoe ‏@EamonnDonohoe 10m
    Imagine if I'd told you in 2010 that Conor Sammon and Paddy Madden would be Ireland's strikers and Kevin Doyle wouldn't have made the squad

:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

If we give away stupid goals like we did last night it could be a great night for Dundalk fans.

If we play to our potential, as we have all of about four times this season, we'll beat them and become the main challengers for the title.

The likely outcome is Pats win and we draw. Leaving them a nice handy run in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:
    And if you told me it in 2013 I'd still tell you its mental. Whatever about Madden, Conor Sammon is not a footballer. Never mind an Ireland international.

Delighted to see Seamie captain the team for a bit. Many more in the future for him I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

"52"

"Never Relevant"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

I still dont think Madden or Sammon would make much a big difference to most teams in the league. Certainly the latter wouldnt start for the top 5/6.

Madden probably would start but dont think he'd stand out overly much. Had a super season last year, but still...dont see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ebbs wrote: »
    I still dont think Madden or Sammon would make much a big difference to most teams in the league. Certainly the latter wouldnt start for the top 5/6.

Madden probably would start but dont think he'd stand out overly much. Had a super season last year, but still...dont see it.
    Can't say I agree with you here at all. There is no striker in the league with a fraction of the ability of Madden. The chap has developed so much from what he was when he left Ireland. Goal machine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

CSF wrote: »
    Can't say I agree with you here at all. There is no striker in the league with a fraction of the ability of Madden. The chap has developed so much from what he was when he left Ireland. Goal machine.

He got a lot of grief from Bohs fans. Much of it OTT.

But Jesus some of his misses for us were horrendous. Genuinely surprised he made it as an international though.
    Fair play to the lad though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

huge opportunity for Bohs, big game for Croly.

"52"

"Never Relevant"

''Bielefeld'' would be another one in that category :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

AgileMyth wrote: »
    If we give away stupid goals like we did last night it could be a great night for Dundalk fans.

If we play to our potential, as we have all of about four times this season, we'll beat them and become the main challengers for the title.

The likely outcome is Pats win and we draw. Leaving them a nice handy run in.

If both teams play to our potential, it could go either way

dfx- wrote: »
    huge opportunity for Bohs, big game for Croly.

We do seem to raise our game against you lot. Any sort of win against anyone will do at this rate!

Madworld wrote: »
    He got a lot of grief from Bohs fans. Much of it OTT.

I think a lot of the grief was because him starting with Byrne meant Quigley was on the wing and Cretaro on the bench. Both were far better options at that point in time and Madden never really did enough to justify being picked ahead of them.

two away wins all season and very few points against the bottom four added to a soft underbelly when behind...Bohs must win..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Expect a mid 3 of Maher Brennan and Bolger, rest of the team picks itself.

I think a lot of the grief was because him starting with Byrne meant Quigley was on the wing and Cretaro on the bench. Both were far better options at that point in time and Madden never really did enough to justify being picked ahead of them.

Not his fault to be fair, and he did score a few goals when we were struggling otherwise to put the ball in the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If we can have Kenny sacked, we'll sure as hell give it a go in getting Croly sacked. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

That_Guy wrote: »
    If we can have Kenny sacked, we'll sure as hell give it a go in getting Croly sacked. :pac:

Eeh king kenny please ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

two away wins all season and very few points against the bottom four added to a soft underbelly when behind...Bohs must win..

Ha ha, old reverse psychology trick.

Ye are red hot favourites again and you know that suits us.

I'd gladly take a draw. We're unbeaten in four league games against sham. If we extend it to five I'd be amazed.....and delighted.

One win in six league games, McGuinness, Foran, Rice and SOC suspended and just off the back of a 0-4 defeat to Pats.

There's no basis for Rovers to be hot favourites against any side who need the points for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

One win in six league games, McGuinness, Foran, Rice and SOC suspended and just off the back of a 0-4 defeat to Pats.

There's no basis for Rovers to be hot favourites against any side who need the points for the rest of the season.

Rice and McGuinness served their suspension midweek against Sligo and free to play I thought? Having Foran suspended is a plus for you, he's poison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Leejo wrote: »
    Having Foran suspended is a plus for you, he's poison.
    Absolute nonsense. He is one of the best defenders in the League. He was an absolute rock for us last year and at various stages of what was a dreadful season he seemed to be the only one who was trying. Hell of a competitor and a very solid defender.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. He is one of the best defenders in the League. He was an absolute rock for us last year and at various stages of what was a dreadful season he seemed to be the only one who was trying. Hell of a competitor and a very solid defender.

Well then he has no bottle for the big games because he was poison against us both times this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Madworld wrote: »
    Well then he has no bottle for the big games because he was poison against us both times this season.
    Big games? Thought you were a Bohs fan?

Leejo wrote: »
    Rice and McGuinness served their suspension midweek against Sligo and free to play I thought? Having Foran suspended is a plus for you, he's poison.

Nope both suspended. Due to being second time offenders.

Brush and Billy D injured too. With concerns on Oman I believe but nothing on the website regarding the latter.

Wont make it tonight, do Bohs do any live commentary or is it Extratime for me?

Ebbs wrote: »
    Brush and Billy D injured too. With concerns on Oman I believe but nothing on the website regarding the latter.

Hope Oman plays, he always lets these occasions get to him. Carrying weight and horrendous temperament. Murphy in goal is always flimsy too.

However, a point will be a huge bonus.

extratime.ie isn't bad if you get a good frequent updater.

Pighead wrote: »
    Big games? Thought you were a Bohs fan?

Every game is a big game when you're going to see "The Big Club".

• Advertisement

bohsboy wrote: »
    extratime.ie isn't bad if you get a good frequent updater.

Bohemians 0 - 0 Shamrock Rovers
    1' - Kick-off - Shamrock Rovers get us underway, playing towards their own fans to my left in their classic green and white number. Very chic, never goes out of fashion.

...Maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

1-0 to bohs off to a great start

Great start, one nil up. I can't believe it. I'll still take a draw.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    1-0 to bohs off to a great start

Sweet Jaysus :eek:

Scores going Bohs way atm. Bray and UCD 1 down as well.

I love this guy. Off his head on acid.

Bohemians 0 - 0 Shamrock Rovers
    0' - Good evening and welcome to Dalymount Park for this Dublin derby. I'm Cathal Wogan and I'll try my best to keep you informed of all the goings on here, from the pre-match tunes on the PA to the score at the very end.

The home of Irish soccer has been more like a care home for Bohemians this season. The team on the pitch is but a shadow of what the loyal supporters in their red and black would wish they were. It's not entirely doom and gloom though. Ellie Goulding is singing the words, "I need your love," and I daresay Owen Heary's charges need not worry about the backing of their faithful.

Iris Murdoch, born just around the corner, wrote of jealousy in her novel The Sea, the Sea, but other than the safety that mid-table mediocrity affords, Bohs don't have much to be jealous of when looking at Shamrock Rovers. Of course, safety is a big thing, but the rather beige, draw-laden league campaign that the Hoops have played out is so far from the golden dreams they brought into the season.

Bohemians 1 - 0 Shamrock Rovers
    6' - Straight back up the other end and Shamrock Rovers hit the post. Danny Ledwith stood over a free and you knew he fancied it. He fancied it so much that he got wood - the post - and could only watch as it bounced back out. A Bohs defender eventually cleared, allowing Dalyer to breathe easy again. All-action as the Hoops fans sing, "You're going down."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Some atmosphere here tonight.

Scores going Bohs way atm. Bray and UCD 1 down as well.

At least some good news

bohsboy wrote: »
    Bohemians 1 - 0 Shamrock Rovers
    6' - Straight back up the other end and Shamrock Rovers hit the post. Danny Ledwith stood over a free and you knew he fancied it. He fancied it so much that he got wood - the post - and could only watch as it bounced back out. A Bohs defender eventually cleared, allowing Dalyer to breathe easy again. All-action as the Hoops fans sing, "You're going down."

Some of the match updaters on ET are strange. That guy seems off his head.

• Advertisement
Advertisement