Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 25), August 16-17, 2013

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Getting heated at your own team coz they gave away the ball or whatever is completely understandable. I just don't get the ridiculous gestures at the opposing fans. Celebrate your victory, forget about the opposition fans and enjoy the moment.
    Do you ever get that feeling of being embarrassed for someone else? That's how I feel for him.

and that makes it ok to call him names, yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

dfx- wrote: »
    There's plenty more who spend the entire game watching the other set of fans and occasionally glancing at the game.

I'm doing that every single match...I'm a steward :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Bohs issue statement RE: Zayed racial abuse.

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=4181

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

so does anyone know what has happened to all the televised Airtricity league games? You'd miss not seeing them on RTE 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

burrenguy wrote: »
    so does anyone know what has happened to all the televised Airtricity league games? You'd miss not seeing them on RTE 2.

I thought it was suppose to be 30 odd games this year. Must be cramming in an awful lot in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

dan1895 wrote: »
    I thought it was suppose to be 30 odd games this year. Must be cramming in an awful lot in the last few weeks.

yeah its been absent the last few weeks anyway. With the cutting of PSS and now this, all that's left is MNS, which is good but you'd want a bit more during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Pat's to be kicked out of the LSC after playing a cup tied player last night?

Zebra3 wrote: »

Any reliable source for that?

And if it's true...sorry, but...hahahahaha:D

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Any reliable source for that?

And if it's true...sorry, but...hahahahaha:D

Apparently some bloke called Mustapha came on for them last night as a sub and had played against Shels earlier in the season in the same competiton.

(Our previous games were against Athlone and UCD).

butbutbut SPA don't play ineligible players

• Advertisement

Apparently some bloke called Mustapha came on for them last night as a sub and had played against Shels earlier in the season in the same competiton.

(Our previous games were against Athlone and UCD).

I think, I remember him from the UCD match

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I think, I remember him from the UCD match

it was Athlone

Last Night

Athlone match in April

A player called Toyeeb Mustapha is in both squads, started for Athlone in April, and was a sub last night. Whether he got on or not is anyone's guess.

Unlikely there'd be two lads with that name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Absolutely disgraceful. Throw the book at them. Also could the powers that be please deduct lets say ten league points from them also. Only then can we move on from this sorry mess.

Pighead wrote: »
    Absolutely disgraceful. Throw the book at them. Also could the powers that be please deduct lets say ten league points from them also. Only then can we move on from this sorry mess.

rules are rules, if they broke them they should be punished.

or should we allow a free for all?

And the match last Friday should be nil and void, as well as the match against them in Tolka ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

St Pats in inelagable player shocker.

So, with the possible point deduction, will Shels have the opportunity to get 9 additional ones? Will Dundalk be crowned Champions? :D

Points deduction? It was the Leinster Senior Cup, nothing to do with the league.

They should be removed from the competition, and either re-instate Shels, or give the next team a bye.

but SPA will deny any wrongdoing, as they never have and never will play an ineligable player.

They don't do that over there in West Dublin. Oh no.

Points deduction? It was the Leinster Senior Cup, nothing to do with the league.

They should be removed from the competition, and either re-instate Shels, or give the next team a bye.

Who knows, they have a clean record in the league? Oh, wait...they always have a clean record in West Dublin, do they? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I suspect Pighead was joking about a points deduction because it would benefit Dundalk.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I suspect Pighead was joking about a points deduction because it would benefit Dundalk.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

The one man's misery is the other man's joy? :pac:

it was Athlone

Last Night

Athlone match in April

A player called Toyeeb Mustapha is in both squads, started for Athlone in April, and was a sub last night. Whether he got on or not is anyone's guess.

Unlikely there'd be two lads with that name.

Says there he came on at 90 mins last night (very bottom of first link).

Says there he came on at 90 mins last night (very bottom of first link).

ah yes, it does.

Is ET 100% reliable? I don't think so, so it remains to be see what will happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It is a while since there was an asterisk. Bring back the asterisk..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

hahhaha quality, fcuk us out and reinstate.....oh cant do that.

Fcuk us out and someone just won it.

dreamers75 wrote: »

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They reinstated us in the Sheriff situation. I don't really care if we get through or not tbh because we have bigger priorities but it would be the situation if you were kicked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Getting heated at your own team coz they gave away the ball or whatever is completely understandable. I just don't get the ridiculous gestures at the opposing fans. Celebrate your victory, forget about the opposition fans and enjoy the moment.
    Do you ever get that feeling of being embarrassed for someone else? That's how I feel for him.

Ah come on now, can't help ya there. That's half the craic. The chants back and forth etc. The best atmospheres are generated when it's two big sets of fans one-upping each other.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Next team is the other finalist though - Wayside or Rovers, Shels would have to be reinstated to have a final..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If an unregistered player is played in a game, you forfeit that game. So if they are thrown out, Shels get a 3-0 win. It's a pointless trophy though and just adds another game that just isn't needed.

SantryRed wrote: »
    If an unregistered player is played in a game, you forfeit that game. So if they are thrown out, Shels get a 3-0 win. It's a pointless trophy though and just adds another game that just isn't needed.

Let's see the positives though:
    1. A few Euros in the pocket
    2. Match practice for the players, especially those, who are usually not in the Starting XI
    3. Yet another cup not won by St.Pats :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭DvB

dfx- wrote: »
    Next team is the other finalist though - Wayside or Rovers, Shels would have to be reinstated to have a final..

Or simply make the wayside v Rovers game the final & leave it at that.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Or simply make the wayside v Rovers game the final & leave it at that.

Or maybe a 5-a-side between Shels and St.Pats supporters? ;)

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »

Not unregistered, cup tied.

Shels yet to make a complaint so as of now nothing happening :rolleyes: Would yiz hurry up and get us fcuked out already.

Shels yet to make a complaint so as of now nothing happening :rolleyes: Would yiz hurry up and get us fcuked out already.

It's a bit of a shame, that the FAI, or the Leinster Association (however they are called) are not intervening, if a club fields an unregistered...oops...cup tied player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sorry, same thing though. He's ineligible to play.

http://shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=2600

seriously???? fcuking seriously????

10 year anniversary guilt?

http://shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=2600

seriously???? fcuking seriously????

10 year anniversary guilt?

Let Homer Simpson speak...I have no words left

• Advertisement
Advertisement