Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design and Development

Options
  • 14-08-2013 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

Could any one give me a rough price on what developers are charging for an app similar to this one;

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/pub-hub/id526720445?mt=8

It uses a website for separate data, GPS, voucher codes and has roughly 4-5 menu pages.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Ballpark, I'd guess somewhere in the 5 figure range.

Dynamic website, database back end (or cloud equivalent). Either one cross-platform mobile app, or two native apps (haven't tried them). I would guess it's across-platform app, I'll try and find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Graham wrote: »
    Ballpark, I'd guess somewhere in the 5 figure range.
    I was recently proofing a business plan and in it the quote they got for something not all that more complex than this, was around 250k. Yes, the development firm they engaged saw them coming - I'm aware of this and now so are they.
    Dynamic website, database back end (or cloud equivalent). Either one cross-platform mobile app, or two native apps (haven't tried them). I would guess it's across-platform app, I'll try and find out.
    Both site and mobile apps, I'd agree that you're certainly talking five figures.

The mobile apps alone would cost considerably less as they're not terribly complex (all the clever stuff is going on at a server); four figures, but not five.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

I was recently proofing a business plan and in it the quote they got for something not all that more complex than this, was around 250k. Yes, the development firm they engaged saw them coming - I'm aware of this and now so are they.

Well that, or they didn't wan't the business or they are used to dealing with larger companies.... or a host of other valid reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

ChRoMe wrote: »
    Well that, or they didn't wan't the business or they are used to dealing with larger companies.... or a host of other valid reasons.
    I expect they were chancing their arm as their client was 'expecting' substantial funding, before realizing that raising VC isn't as easy as that.

Advertisement