Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

350k prize tourney - xbox

Options
  • 14-08-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, i tried to set something like this up before but there wasn't really the interest in it. Gonna try it again...

basically idea is a 12 man tourney. Two groups of 6, top 2 teams from each pod come out and then semi and final. The kicker is that there is some squad building constraints. Basically pace is going to be taken down a peg or two. Each position will have a maximum pace allowed. Not finalised but something along the lines of...

GK - n/a
    CB: 70
    RB/LB/LWB/RWB: 80
    CDM/CM/CAM: 75
    RW/LW/LF/RF: 83
    CF: 83
    ST: 80

doing this should make the teams more varied and less cheesy. I'll put the prize fund up myself. Each player who plays all 5 of their games in the group stage will get 10k and then the winner will get 100k and second place will get 50k. There are ten slots available in the tourney so if people are interested we'd be good to go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Quick question, how will having CBs with less pace than ST with the way FIFA rewards the ball over the top make things less chessy?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Quick question, how will having CBs with less pace than ST with the way FIFA rewards the ball over the top make things less chessy?

The difference between a 90+pace striker and a 80 pace strikers is a lot more than the difference between a 70 pace defender and a 74 pace defender. By capping CB's at 70 it just means the teams won't just be dede/santana/luis at the back.

Also i would think with only 80 pace strikers it will mean that keepers should gobble up the over the top through ball in general... could be wrong as this is all pretty untested but i'm willing to give it a go and see...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

I'd be up for this

Advertisement