Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-License delivery ?

• 14-08-2013 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

I remember years ago, you could get booze delivered, haven't noticed any where that advertises in limerick these days, maybe its been banned I dont know...if so forget it,

Im at home with newly broken leg, so Im sentenced to the couch, was wondering anywhere that will deliver me at my cost a small box of bulmers for tonight, before I crack up :)

Castletroy area

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

can you not get one of the lads to bring you a six pack :confused:

Stuxnet wrote: »
    I remember years ago, you could get booze delivered, haven't noticed any where that advertises in limerick these days, maybe its been banned I dont know...if so forget it,

Im at home with newly broken leg, so Im sentenced to the couch, was wondering anywhere that will deliver me at my cost a small box of bulmers for tonight, before I crack up :)

Castletroy area

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Most, if not all the bigger Taxi firms do this regularly. You say you are in Castletroy....about €8 or €9 on top of the cost of the Drink.
    What they normally charge is the cost of getting a taxi from the city centre. Although try plassey cabs as they usually have a few cars parked outside the Maxol (across from singland motors), they may be a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sun_seeker

I know Fine Wines used to do this before but not sure if they still do. You could order directly from there website but id imagine there would be a minimum order before they would deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭JimmyChew

Nice try kid..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Can you not ask your mates to pick one up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

JimmyChew wrote: »
    Nice try kid..

There couldn't be anyone on Boards since 2005 who's still under 18! :D

yes there could..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Most, if not all the bigger Taxi firms do this regularly. You say you are in Castletroy....about €8 or €9 on top of the cost of the Drink.
    What they normally charge is the cost of getting a taxi from the city centre. Although try plassey cabs as they usually have a few cars parked outside the Maxol (across from singland motors), they may be a bit cheaper.

Going slightly off topic but is this legal, does the taxi driver have to ensure the recipient of the alcohol is over 18?

phog wrote: »
    Going slightly off topic but is this legal, does the taxi driver have to ensure the recipient of the alcohol is over 18?

Lot of bother for the driver for an e8 fare tbh and its prob a grey area as far as the law is concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Lot of bother for the driver for an e8 fare tbh and its prob a grey area as far as the law is concerned.

Maybe a bit of bother but doubt it's a grey area, AFAIK, law states it's illegal to purchase drink or cigarettes for a minor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

yes there could..

You honestly think a 9 year old would have been posting on boards in 2005? Cause if he was any older than that he'd be legal to drink now.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

phog wrote: »

It is Illegal. Illegal for the taxi driver to sell alcohol which is what he is doing as he has already paid for it as he has not got a License to sell it on per the 1872 Licensing Act. The taxi driver could also be in more difficulty if the recipient is under 18 and could be charge under the Intoxicating Liquor Act.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You honestly think a 9 year old would have been posting on boards in 2005? Cause if he was any older than that he'd be legal to drink now.

Still off-topic, but a few couples have met through Boards, got married and had kids together. It's been an in-joke for a while that they might set up accounts for their children! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Couldnt you just buy your drink online from tesco.ie and arrange home deivery?
    Could buy some food at same time so driver doesnt judge you silently :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This isn't a law discussion forum so stop discussing the legalities of getting around laws

Most office licenses will have a delivery service now, also all the major supermarkets have online shopping now so that'll work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

Drinkstore.ie are pretty good, used them once before, single delivery charge regardless of how much you order, big selection of craft brews too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

lol, I forgot to come back to this thread, but for those concerned Im 33 nearly 34 with kids of my own, thanks !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Still off-topic, but a few couples have met through Boards, got married and had kids together. It's been an in-joke for a while that they might set up accounts for their children! :D

Aye.....mods have got married through Boards, this website is like Lord Of The Dance......:eek:

Advertisement