Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The EA Humble Bundle - Best bundle yet possibly

Options
  • 14-08-2013 7:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭

https://www.humblebundle.com/?originbundle#contribute

Beat the Average Price and get:
    The Sims 3 + Starter Pack - Origin for Windows/Mac
    Battlefield 3 - Origin for Windows

Pay $1 or more to receive:
    Dead Space 3 - Origin for Windows
    Dead Space - Origin & Steam for Windows
    Crysis 2 Maximum Edition - Origin & Steam for Windows
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - Origin & Steam for Windows
    Medal of Honor - Origin & Steam for Windows
    Mirror’s Edge - Origin & Steam for Windows

Pay any price to receive:
    The Sims 3 Soundtrack
    Battlefield 3 Soundtrack

Comments

But we true gamers hate EA! Am I right guys?

Guys?!

Ah screw it, I''ll give as much to charity as possible. That'll show 'em!

Edit: It looks like it all goes to charity. Nice Job EA, I always knew you were the good guys. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Came to post this. Fantastic offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It's an insane deal ! Dead Space 3 was on my list since it was released :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

It's an insane deal ! Dead Space 3 was on my list since it was released :D

Loving these bundles

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

best bundle ive seen yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Can someone let me know if I could just stockpile humble bundle purchases and give them to someone as a Christmas gift?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Can someone let me know if I could just stockpile humble bundle purchases and give them to someone as a Christmas gift?
    Check the "Yes, send me a gift code." box in step 4 of the purchase. They'll email you a gift URL which you can send to someone whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Check the "Yes, send me a gift code." box in step 4 of the purchase. They'll email you a gift URL which you can send to someone whenever.

I forgot to tick this box .. will they email me the codes anyway or how do i get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

i just purchased this but how do i get them ? whats procedure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭stan 117

paid for this but never got the keys??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm having problems too - this is from their twitter account:
    Humble Bundle ‏@humble 14m
    We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with PayPal. We will get to the bottom of it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭ozmo

Is there normally a Paypal button - not seeing it anywhere - just google checkout and credit card etc. ta.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I paid by paypal - could it be an adblocker causing a problem?

Took a while for the order to go through, but it's sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭ozmo

Eoin wrote: »
    I paid by paypal - could it be an adblocker causing a problem?

Took a while for the order to go through, but it's sorted now.

Ahh - its back again - was gone - even refreshing page didnt show it - must have been while they were having the paypal difficulites you mentioned.

“Roll it back”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Great deal, although you have to wonder if EA are in trouble launching a deal like this, they're not usually known for their generosity.

Their Origin service has gotten nowhere and they've had major disasters like Dead Space 3, Star Wars: TOR, and from what I hear Plants versus Zombies 2 is being taken apart online due to its in-app purchases model.

Remember the humble bundle is meant to be for "humble" Indie devs and not major software companies.
    In fact the last major that did this on Humble was THQ and look what happened to them

• Registered Users Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

At this stage of the life cycle of games like Battlefield 3, they're not gonna sell many new versions of the game, however, if they give the basic version of the game away for free, they will guarantee that a certain percentage will spend money on the premium content/dlc and shortcuts to access the unlocks for kits and vehicles quickly.

It makes perfect sense to give away these games for free, especially when there's a sequel about to be launched

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I was thinking the same...they will lose very little sales on this as most people who wanted these games bought them last year, or in other sales. I had all but Deadspace 3 and Medal of Honor, so will just give the other keys away.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Was only browsing Steam for a game or two when my bro got in touch and told me about this. By the sounds of it its a great selection of games. And its for charity too. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

purchased!! nice one OP!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

welkin wrote: »
    Great deal, although you have to wonder if EA are in trouble launching a deal like this, they're not usually known for their generosity.

Their Origin service has gotten nowhere and they've had major disasters like Dead Space 3, Star Wars: TOR, and from what I hear Plants versus Zombies 2 is being taken apart online due to its in-app purchases model.

Remember the humble bundle is meant to be for "humble" Indie devs and not major software companies.
    In fact the last major that did this on Humble was THQ and look what happened to them
    All proceeds go to charity, not EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

o5fyo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MrShivers

Ignore this. __________

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Anyone else having problems downloading off origin?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

MrShivers wrote: »
    I got the bundle but I already have Crysis 2: Maximum Edition . Anyone interested in a free game PM me stating whether you'd like it in Steam/Origin.

How do you get them in Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

anyone having problems with the games? everytime i boot up a game the character/ mouse is going left making it impossible to play..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

I have no use for these games but i got them anyways :) might aswel start the sim 3.....again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

i purchased this bundle with pay pal , got an email saying :
    Hello!

Your Humble Bundle account has been created. Please verify your email address by clicking this link to complete the signup process:

https://www.humblebundle.com/user/associate?key=27157b1c67070fc36ba24ed36f5d8b9efb1

If you did not initiate this request, you may safely ignore this one-time message. The request will expire shortly.

which i did which brought me back to the site but nothing in my library ?

then i got another email saying this but not to redeem i t myself
    : Thanks for gifting the Humble Origin Bundle! Here is the unique URL for you to give to your recipient:

Your Gift URL: https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=v?????

Feel free to access the above URL to see how it looks, but don't redeem it yourself! That is what the recipient will do -- the gift URL can only be redeemed by one person. Feel free to write this URL down on a card, email it to them, paste it into an IM window, or even fax it!

There is no rush to redeem this gift. The above link will work for the foreseeable future.

If you have any problems, please contact us and we will get it sorted out, ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭Nollog

If you're on the fence about it, http://i.imgur.com/dHgtwGC.png these are supposedly going to be added in later on if you beat the average.

Also, all the keys are separate, so you can give away ones you already own which is surprisingly nice of EA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

@faolteam You must have ticked the box for sending it as a give. Just click on the link that they give you and fill in your own email address.

Advertisement