Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taxi costs

Options
  • 14-08-2013 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi, I'll be in Dublin with a friend on Saturday & we're just trying to figure out the best way to get around.
    We need to get from heuston station to the green isle hotel in newlands cross, basically just to check in/drop bags. Then from there to Parnell Sq/O Connell st. Does anyone have any idea of the cost of each of those journeys in a taxi?

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Extremely time variable as traffic and hence slow/non-moving traffic rates can apply.. If not carrying large bags I'd get the Luas to the Red Cow and walk.

Probably 25 out and 30 in, roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

MYOB wrote: »
    Extremely time variable as traffic and hence slow/non-moving traffic rates can apply.. If not carrying large bags I'd get the Luas to the Red Cow and walk.

Probably 25 out and 30 in, roughly.

Thanks for the reply. We need to get to the hotel and back to the city as quick as possible. Our train gets in at 10.45am. Would have obviously booked somewhere closer to the city but it's just full this weekend! Only super expensive places left so we'll probably have to fork out a lot on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Sometimes, the hotel organizes a lift for you, it's worth asking ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

69 stops on Parkgate Street just beside Heuston Station and will drop you right outside the Green Isle Hotel.Stop on the opposite side of the road from the hotel will bring you back to the city centre.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/69/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

€18-€24 according to this http://transportforireland.ie/taxi/fare-estimator/

The Luas would be much cheaper, but it's about 30min to walk to either Belgard or Red Cow stations. A few Dublin Bus routes go that way though, so check out their website.

• Advertisement

69 stops on Parkgate Street just beside Heuston Station and will drop you right outside the Green Isle Hotel.Stop on the opposite side of the road from the hotel will bring you back to the city centre.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/69/
    Thanks a million. Any idea how long this journey takes?
    Sorry for all the questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

About 30 minutes at the weekend.

Thanks for the replies.
    I may have found a b&b to stay at in phibsboro. I don't know Dublin well but that's much closer isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

DsJewel wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.
    I may have found a b&b to stay at in phibsboro. I don't know Dublin well but that's much closer isn't it?

15min walk to town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Do you need to check into the hotel straight away or do you just need somewhere to put your bags? There are lockers in Busaras if it's the latter, 15-20 minutes away from Heuston Station by Luas and a very short walk back into the city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

I find worldtaximeter.com to be fairly accurate most of the time.

Advertisement