Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Welcome Fabio Coentrao (hopefully)

Got all the attributes to be a fan favourite.

except a contract to play for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Discodog wrote: »
    Doesn't that suggest that Everton were causing the holdup not us?

Yeah i guess, hard to believe they held up the transfer for 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 3m my colleague @Manu_Sainz says that Coentrao will STAY at Real Madrid. And if he says it, it is true then

Looks like its done then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

xtal191 wrote: »

Ballbag the Ultimate party pooper

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

except a contract to play for United.

I'd say you're actually hoping these transfers don't happen, just so you can say you were right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

deisedevil wrote: »
    Pretty sure he said "If that actually is the plan"

I didn't miss that part. It was the hyperbole and supposition based off idle speculation on SSN that I was getting at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Coentrao I like very much!!!! Anyone know if we have a buy option?

It will be good for Cristiano too when he comes back!!!

Oh cant wait for Afroman to start dominating some midfield battles for us!!!

In the end we got there! Sort of!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Hahaha just remembered we supposedly bid £28m for both Baines and Fellaini and in the end paid 500k less for one of them. Sign me up Homer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Paying 27.5 million for fellaini a few weeks after offering a 28 million joint bid for both fellaini and baines :pac:

edit: weird^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    So you'd play Fellaini as a number 9 with Rooney and VanPersie as wing strikers with no width in the side. All the while we keep our problems in CM and play a CM we paid 27M for up front. Either you were trolling and are trying to talk your way out, or that's your genuine opinion. Either way it reflects poorly on you

So because i asked would Moyes consider playing Fellaini as a false 9 semi striker role i'm automatically trolling and/or stupid?

Nothing to do with me thinking that because Moyes had played him in a more advanced position at Everton, he might do it again?

It couldn't be someone striking up a conversation about a new signing?

I suppose my record of trolling this thread must speak for itself.

As for my opinion reflecting poorly, well my sig says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Im going to sleep on this and give my thoughts tomorrow maybe. For now Ill just say, that window was a shambles from start to finish apparently.

Very happy to have got Fellaini in and now feel we are still genuine title contenders, don't think it will make so much difference in Europe but its a start.

If the deal for Coentrao goes through, which I wouldn't bet my life on, I will be very happy with that and if there is an option to buy it could be a masterstroke for allowing him to bed into the squad before maybe taking over from Evra if things go well.

Keeping Rooney and Nani and not spending on a left back we didn't need is also positive.

Trying to stay with the positives tonight cause I may explode if I start to talk about the negatives. Woodward, you have a lot to prove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hahaha just remembered we supposedly bid £28m for both Baines and Fellaini and in the end paid 500k less for one of them. Sign me up Homer.

We bid £500,000 for Baines. Nice.

Aging left back, not first choice for his country. Seems fair :pac:

United are keeping this Ronaldo deal very quite tonight....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

I'd actually be surprised if Coentrao is confirmed.

Sounds like we didn't get that done either.

United are incapable of doing anything without making a balls of it.

I could have sworn we signed Fellaini............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah, as if Guillem Balague's sources are so fecking brilliant. Typical Spanish journalist, pushing off his information and sources as gospel. Shyster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Come on Utd confirm Coentrao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Fellaini whao
    Fellaini whao
    playing for everton was absurd
    He hates Ed Woodward
    Fellaini whao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'd actually be surprised if Coentrao is confirmed.

Sounds like we didn't get that done either.

United are incapable of doing anything without making a balls of it.

The hold up was the loan being dependent on Madrid signing the Granada left back whose name I can't spell. Not our fault if it didn't get through at all.

I'm bidding farewell for the night also. Even Fellaini on his own is a positive thing.

Was an exciting night, cheers for the entertainment folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

master-t wrote: »

We did, but we made a balls of it!

• Advertisement

I'd say you're actually hoping these transfers don't happen, just so you can say you were right.

Yeah - I love watching United fail. You got me.

I'm sitting here smiling, all happy like.

I love the thought of going into work tomorrow and listening to everyone rightly slag United off. Love the though of United struggling in the league. DE-LIGHTED.

I haven't been in a murderous rage all evening as events descended into utter farce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Bains is a bargain at 500k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

that is absolutle bulls*it and ive seen this posted already today. the success of the club and having the best players on the pitch is all i care about. ill be standing on the terraces week in week out, spending 1000's of euros each year, do you honestly think i want to see the club do bad just to prove a few people wrong on a random internet forum????

do you think the likes of me, mitch and a few others took pleasure taking abuse and personal insults all summer from the likes of yourself and a few others just because we seen what was coming, long before ye did?

now, i wish ye would stop having a pop at posters who seen this coming, its happened, its done, the club f*cked up, but nobody is happy that the farcical summer went like it did. nobody has been proved right or wrong as ultimately, the club we all love has become a laughing stock and nobody wanted that.

ye've thrown out enough insults, its time to grow up and move on. the window is over, so i expect the willy waving to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Rebecca Stephenson is saying La Liga officials have confirmed the Coentrao deal went through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Please be true!

Rebecca Stephenson ‏@1rebs 5m

Fabio Coentrao’s season-long loan from Real Madrid to Manchester United has been officially confirmed by La Liga officials. #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

i want to go to bed...

please confirm we got him

The hold up was the loan being dependent on Madrid signing the Granada left back whose name I can't spell. Not our fault if it didn't get through at all.

Yeah - not our fault we waited til Monday night to try sign him. What else could we have done? Sorted Baines out one way or another weeks ago? NNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAHHHH. Bidding for players takes weeks of careful bean counting, and we were busy doing sponsorship deals. Sure we are a business, we can't be doing football stuff at the same time.

deisedevil wrote: »
    We did, but we made a balls of it!

We signed him........that's all I give a sh1te about to be honest. The fact we have signed a CM is the most important thing for me.

The implication is the club also made a balls of that by leaving it so late to sign him and paying more then they needed to.

4million more and 8 weeks later than needed, having dropped points vs Chelsea and Liverpool.

MADE. A. BALLS. OF. IT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Why the hell do people keep posting about playing full backs on the wing? It doesn't work like that ffs.

They are different positions, and its very different running from deep to picking the ball up and trying to turn a man.

People said it when Baines was linked, now its Evra going to be on the left wing. Would you ever wise up.

Coentrao actually can play left wing tbf.

that is absolutle bulls*it and ive seen this posted already today. the success of the club and having the best players on the pitch is all i care about. ill be standing on the terraces week in week out, spending 1000's of euros each year, do you honestly think i want to see the club do bad just to prove a few people wrong on a random internet forum????

do you think the likes of me, mitch and a few others took pleasure taking abuse and personal insults all summer from the likes of yourself and a few others just because we seen what was coming, long before ye did?

now, i wish ye would stop having a pop at posters who seen this coming, its happened, its done, the club f*cked up, but nobody is happy that the farcical summer went like it did.

ye've thrown out enough insults, its time to grow up and move on.

You need to get down off your high horse. Just because you spend 1000's of euro of money that has nothing to do with me you think you're an extra special fan.

"..likes of me, mitch...."

"..posters who seen this coming.."

You didn't predict the end of the world for crying out loud, you wanted midfield sorted, there was only one player to replace in the midfield for it to be sorted in the first team. That's if you want Nani, Kagawa and Rooney all to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

We signed him........that's all I give a sh1te about to be honest. The fact we have signed a CM is the most important thing for me.

We could have had him for the last two games where 5 points were dropped and for less money? That's making a right balls of it!

markc91 wrote: »
    Please be true!

Rebecca Stephenson ‏@1rebs 5m

Fabio Coentrao’s season-long loan from Real Madrid to Manchester United has been officially confirmed by La Liga officials. #mufc

Shes getting it from the mail but they posted the story a while ago when it looked like it would happen.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Rebecca Stephenson is saying La Liga officials have confirmed the Coentrao deal went through.

She's using the Daily Mail as a source though :(

now, i wish ye would stop having a pop at posters who seen this coming, its happened, its done, the club f*cked up, but nobody is happy that the farcical summer went like it did. nobody has been proved right or wrong as ultimately, the club we all love has become a laughing stock and nobody wanted that.

ye've thrown out enough insults, its time to grow up and move on. the window is over, so i expect the willy waving to be.

TBH Homer you could agree with some of the posters on here and they would then argue back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If i ever ever hear wait until the end of the window to judge things again ill ****ing scream!!!.

Fellaini in

Rooney stayed

Nani stayed

Evra stayed

not too bad..now if we ca get this Madrid fella it be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Chinpool wrote: »
    Mail reporting that the Contraeo loan has been confirmed by La Liga officials.
    JUST ANNOUNCE IT AND PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!!!

Yip and as a further indication that everything was completed in time, Real have announced that they have signed Brazilian left-back Guilherme Siqueira on a season-long loan from Granada as replacement for Coentrao.

Odd that Coentrao has fallen so low in the pecking order as he was first choice under Mourinho for most of last season and is a fine player.

This talk of playing Evra on the wing seems like nonsense.
    How many more wingers do Utd need ,I wouldnt mind but none of them are that good anyway .

• Advertisement

If i ever ever hear wait until the end of the window to judge things again ill ****ing scream!!!.

Sure I am certain tomorrow people will be saying - lets see how they change it up in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rojiblancos

The way everything went today we prob contacted Madrid bout Ronaldo, modric , di maria,khedira and kept naming players until we got someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The way everything went today we prob contacted Madrid bout Ronaldo, modric , di maria,khedira and kept naming players until we got someone

Probably bid 20m for Bale too :pac:

Fellaini in

Rooney stayed

Nani stayed

Evra stayed

not too bad..now if we ca get this Madrid fella it be ok.

Macheda stayed.

Yip and as a further indication that everything was completed in time, Real have announced that they have signed Brazilian left-back Guilherme Siqueira on a season-long loan from Granada as replacement for Coentrao.

Odd that Coentrao has fallen so low in the pecking order as he was first choice under Mourinho for most of last season and is a fine player.

This talk of playing Evra on the wing seems like nonsense.
    How many more wingers do Utd need ,I wouldnt mind but none of them are that good anyway .

All coming from the Daily mail though.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Happy to get Fellaini.

However the way we went about it was a joke.Could have had him for £3/4 million less a few weeks back.
    Then we end up haggling with Bilbao over £3/4 million for Herrera.

If I was Herrera I would be raging.Going to take a pay cut to force through the transfer and United fcuk about.
    Seen it mentioned that we could be back in for him in January.I wouldn't blame him if he told United to
    fcuk off.We have completely stitched him up.

Sky have also just thrown out the infamous value line.

The Fábio Coentrão sums United up this window.Absolute mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 3m

AS just released an article saying despite the best efforts of Jorge Mendes, Coentrao to Manchester United was not done in time.

Very annoying

The funny thing is that probably happened.

Macheda stayed.

Surely not? He cant even be included in the squad this year sure!

He better be off on loan with a view to a permanent move

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Probably bid 20m for Bale too :pac:

Best laugh ive had all night:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

xtal191 wrote: »
    Very annoying

Even the sliver lining ended up turning to ****e.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement