Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

kryogen wrote: »
    Ok, Ill ask a different question, has anybody got anything official about the lad Madrid wanted to sign? Considering some say it has gone through and others say it hasn't

Seems very odd that they would want rid of Coentrao anyway tbh, is it possible he was agitating for a move?

(Or they plan on playing Bale lb ;))

Siqueira has signed for Benfica. (Benfica TV)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

zerks wrote: »
    BBC reporting we got Coentrao,

[BBC Radio 5 Live]

That's excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This will hopefully serve as a lesson to Woodward, he may get the finger out and get **** done early, even Liverpool had the business they were doing today done by midday!

Arsenal pulled off a major coup, fair play to them and Wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

keane2097 wrote: »
    Charming.

Thanks, can't say the same about yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thanks, can't say the same about yourself..

I'd have to check myself if you did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Reports of an impostor signing for United tonight.

article-0-14BEA0D0000005DC-624_634x548.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right thats sky sports news off finally...... Pain in my bollox listening to them jizzing over Bale all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Corntrao deal looks like it was a red herring. RM, according to reports never agreed a loan deal with us. So it's just Felaini it appears, better then nothing but still disappointing.

zerks wrote: »
    BBC reporting we got Coentrao,

[BBC Radio 5 Live]

Link? Sorry, Ive heard its on/off a few times now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian
    Explanation from #MUFC is that they thought Herrera's buyout was the wrong valuation and couldn't get it down.

errm, when did buy out clauses become negotiable and surely we should have know this weeks ago without wasting time?

• Advertisement

master-t wrote: »
    Siqueira has signed for Benfica. (Benfica TV)

Looks like he has joined them on loan alright

errm, when did buy out clauses become negotiable and surely we should have know this weeks ago without wasting time?

They're always negotiable.

Lets look at the positives for a minute - something that tends to get over looked more often than not.

1. We kept Wayne Rooney and didn't sell him to Chelsea.
    2. We kep Evra
    3. We kept Nani
    4. We kept Kagawa
    5. We signed a CM for the first time since Hargreaves

Moyes in the role 2 months an he has signed a CM. An excellent CM for that matter that will add a huge dimension to our midfield that we are lacking. A combative, aggresive CM that will allow Carrick to push on and use his main abilities on the ball.

It also potentially means we can line up in the obvious formation with Fellaini and Carrick, Nani, Rooney, Kagawa and RvP up top. We then have Young, Valencia, Zaha, Anderson, Clevs, Hernandez, Januzaj all providing support from the bench.

No, we didn't get Ronnie back (yet), we didn't get Cesc, We Didn't get Modric.................but we realistically wern't going to. Our realistic target was Fellaini, and although it was late, we got him.

Id take a lot of what comes out in the next few hours with a large pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Right thats sky sports news off finally...... Pain in my bollox listening to them jizzing over Bale all day.

"it's not about the money".
    Ok then give us one of your week's wages then Gareth......... I thought so

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Jesus, strange to see United fan's saying that keeping their players is a positive in a transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

nullzero wrote: »
    "it's not about the money".
    Ok then give us one of your week's wages then Gareth......... I thought so

If United had signed someone early on i would of switched off LONG ago :pac:.

All they where short of reporting was what he had for breakfast.

Jesus, strange to see United fan's saying that keeping their players is a positive in a transfer window.

Well, it is a positive that the Nani situation seems to have been sorted, and it is positive that Rooney is still at the club.

What is strange about those two simple facts to you good sir?

Since when is keeping two of the stronger members of your squad who looked like they might be getting pushed out under old management a bad thing to be happy about?

Jesus, strange to see United fan's saying that keeping their players is a positive in a transfer window. I wouldn't even expect that from Arsenal fans.

Keeping Rooney is a positive. Saying any different is silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

The whole Herrera thing was shambolic and embarrassing for the club. There is just no getting away from that no matter how much of an optimist you are.
    Strange beyond belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Keeping Rooney after so much speculation is a huge positive, nothing strange about that tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yea, really strange to be happy about keeping your better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's strange if you don't look at the context. Our legend of an ex-manager said that Wayne Rooney wanted out. Nani's contract has been running down and he wasn't getting a lot of gametime last year, for various reasons. We rate these players and would like them to stay. It's not like we were worried that some bigger fish would come in to snap them up. Unless it's Real Madrid interested, we'll likely only sell or keep a player on our own terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i bet there's a guy in Manchester, a real del boy type, with 3,000 afro wigs he's been tryin to get rid of for years, happy as a pig in shit now he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

1. We kept Wayne Rooney and didn't sell him to Chelsea.
    2. We kep Evra
    3. We kept Nani
    4. We kept Kagawa
    5. We signed a CM for the first time since Hargreaves

Keeping our players is a positive? Keep our players should be standard.

Every transfer we keep players. Are they all a success so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Worrying that SSN aren't even mentioning Coentrao anymore. Surely that's the only real open at this stage? Everything else has been confirmed. I'll be gutted if it's not gone through.

What?? How on earth is keeping your top players when they were linked with moves away not a positive thing?

Keno wrote: »
    Keeping our players is a positive? Keep our players should be standard.

Every transfer we keep players. Are they all a success so?

Well it's not a negative.......

kryogen wrote: »
    Well, it is a positive that the Nani situation seems to have been sorted, and it is positive that Rooney is still at the club.

What is strange about those two simple facts to you good sir?

I would have thought a club the stature of United wouldn't need those kinds of straws at. I can't imagine city fans if they signed on good player this window saying "At least we kept Silva" and the same with Barca, Real, Bayern, Chelsea etc.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Just a pity we didn't offload Nani for silly money to some poor suckers. He still can't get a corner past the first defender.

Glazers Out!

scudzilla wrote: »
    i bet there's a guy in Manchester, a real del boy type, with 3,000 afro wigs he's been tryin to get rid of for years, happy as a pig in shit now he is

He could have just went down the road to Everton!
    But yeah there will be plenty of them around for the next game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Duncan Castles says Coentrao included in Real's CL squad, deal is completely off.

I would have thought a club the stature of United wouldn't need those kinds of straws at. I can't imagine city fans if they signed on good player this window saying "At least we kept Silva" and the same with Barca, Real, Bayern, Chelsea etc.
    You not happy to have kept Suarez?

Context, context, context.

Not selling Rooney should to a rival should not be seen as a postive, it should be seen as a given for a club like United.

• Advertisement

Duncan Castles says Coentrao included in Real's CL squad, deal is completely off.

Did they submit it tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Well it's not a negative.......

That should be our new slogan. Woodward will love it.

Manchester United - "Well, it's not a negative......"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Source

Happy yes, but I don't look at it as a positive for Liverpool's transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not selling Rooney should to a rival should not be seen as a postive, it should be seen as a given for a club like United.

Are you just ignoring the posts with the word context?

• Advertisement

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 24s
    The indications are that one of #MUFC or #RMCF did not ratify the deal for Coentrao with Fifa. But not confirmed.

Bollocks............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He was waiting for that question tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

jim white has just said "and Coentrao on a season long loan deal" make of that what you will
    Now natalie has just contradicted him

Happy yes, but I don't look at it as a positive for Liverpool's transfer window.
    Well if he was sold to Arsenal it would be a negative yes?

Tippex wrote: »
    jim white has just said "and Coentrao on a season long loan deal" make of that what you will

I think he's just regurgitating the script theyve been saying for the past hour.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 24s
    The indications are that one of #MUFC or #RMCF did not ratify the deal for Coentrao with Fifa. But not confirmed.

Bollocks............

**** it!!!!!!

Keno wrote: »
    That should be our new slogan. Woodward will love it.

Manchester United - "Well, it's not a negative......"

I won't lie......I LOL'd.......

You've made the same point in three separate posts without acknowledging any of the responses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Tippex wrote: »

And in the very next piece Natalie Sawyer said we didn't get the paper work done on time.

Basically, they have no idea what is going on, but it doesn't look good. It would have been confirmed by now if it was done.

°°°°°

One last disappointment to end the transfer window in style?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement