Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet connection

Options
  • 14-08-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi can someone please help. I recently moved back home and am trying to connect my PlayStation to my parents internet. (It was connected to it before) when I try to enter the WPA key it won't let me. I type it into the text box but when I enter it it is shortened to an eight letter password. (********) how do I enter my code.. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Hi can someone please help. I recently moved back home and am trying to connect my PlayStation to my parents internet. (It was connected to it before) when I try to enter the WPA key it won't let me. I type it into the text box but when I enter it it is shortened to an eight letter password. (********) how do I enter my code.. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

are you picking the correct security type?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 paddydoherty

phill106 wrote: »
    are you picking the correct security type?

Hi. Yes its WPA. But even when I pick wep it doesn't allow me to enter it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

What do you mean it "gets shortened"?

Double check security settings on a device that is on the wifi.

eddhorse wrote: »
    What do you mean it "gets shortened"?

Double check security settings on a device that is on the wifi.

OK well when I try sign in it says "connection to network could not be established". So I go to settings- network settings, and internet connection settings. I choose easy- wireless- scan. It find the broadband and asks me for the key. I pick edit and type it in. When I press start to enter it says for hexadecimal use 10 or 26 for ASCII use 5 or 13

OK well when I try sign in it says "connection to network could not be established". So I go to settings- network settings, and internet connection settings. I choose easy- wireless- scan. It find the broadband and asks me for the key. I pick edit and type it in. When I press start to enter it says for hexadecimal use 10 or 26 for ASCII use 5 or 13

What do I check on other devices?

• Advertisement

What do I check on other devices?

My key was changed a while back to a ten digit long password and it will only allow me to enter 8

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Um - why not just change the key on the router back to 8 digit and see if that works - if it does - great - if not then you still have an issue.
    One other thing to look at is just buy 2 powerline adapters with passthrough so you don't lose the sockets - far superior to wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

If you don't know how to do that go to a wireless laptop / PC that you have the internet working on, you can look at the key to verify it through the connections properties

75uw.png

If you don't know how to do that go to a wireless laptop / PC that you have the internet working on, you can look at the key to verify it through the connections properties

75uw.png

Thanks i

Thanks i

Thanks I reset my router and it allowed me to enter the original key so all is working now. Thanks for all advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement