Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freckles

• 14-08-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I've got a lot of freckles across my forehead and a few along my cheek bones which I don't like. What is the best way of covering them up?

I don't like anything too heavy as I have really good skin generally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 vauraine

I'm covered in freckles and in my experience, there is no way to completely cover them. The best foundation I have for covering them is mac studio fix, but that's a very heavy coverage.

Maybe try work with the freckles? I find that when I use a mineral foundation and go for the bronzed, summer look it tends to make the freckles less noticeable. I don't know what age you are either but I also found my freckles faded with age and I accepted them more with age, and unfortunately that's really all you can do.

Sorry can't be of more help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Are your freckles dark? I think freckles are so pretty on faces! But if it's something you don't like then that's up to you :) I have a good few freckles too, and although I don't actively seek to cover them up, I use Revlon Colorstay foundation and you can't see my freckles at all. It's not heavy or thick, it just gives really good coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭nowimtalking

They aren't that dark but they're noticeable even in natural light and then in bright light they show up a lot more.

I use a tiny bit of MAC satin-finish NC20 which gives a more even tone but the freckles are still prominent. I can't go much darker as I have very pale skin for most of the year and don't spray/self tan unless I'm going on holiday.

They don't bother me as such but sometimes they annoy me and I consider trying to camouflage them completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

vauraine wrote: »
    I'm covered in freckles and in my experience, there is no way to completely cover them. The best foundation I have for covering them is mac studio fix, but that's a very heavy coverage.

Maybe try work with the freckles? I find that when I use a mineral foundation and go for the bronzed, summer look it tends to make the freckles less noticeable. I don't know what age you are either but I also found my freckles faded with age and I accepted them more with age, and unfortunately that's really all you can do.

Sorry can't be of more help.

Great answer, although freckles aren't aesthetically pleasing to everyone, you have to accept them as part of your individuality and you will begin to appreciate them.

If you do want to try and fade them you nees to use a hydroquinine cream of at least 2%. 4% is stronger but only available on prescription as far as I know. Can take up to 6 weeks to work and you need to wear a really high SPF to prevent them reforming.

Everybody has something they don't like about themselves...it makes us human. I bet plenty of people think your freckles really cute.

Advertisement